About the Blog:
blogoversary: June 21, 2009
an explanation: I was bored ;) Plus I wanted to try and expand my love of books, only to open the floodgates to the very wonderful online Young Adult community.
stats: email me for more details, but at least 3000 unique hits a month. Follower widget is in the right sidebar, but does not include subscribers. [last updated 4/20/11]
also, see: review policy | rating system | book review archive
contact (email please): firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Blogger:
Hello, lovely readers, it's really been a while since I've updated this "About Me" page. But the nostalgia of my 16 year old self really does hit hard, oh that wee little teenager with the penchant for exclamation marks. Except reading it over, a lot of those random facts still apply: I still adore coffee ice cream, sometimes I feel my love for movies and television overrides my love for books, My Holy Trinity (plus many) of YA authors still applies, my humour is still up in the air, I still love cheesecake... except I've mastered the usage of semi-colons. I actually use them in tweets. I know, right?
Here's some newer facts about me though, hopefully it'll be apparent that I've aged. Hopefully. I'm in university now, I finished my second year recently and I'm pursuing a degree in the science-y fields. I've had my fair share of existentialist crises this past year, and there's been a lot of soul-searching, panics about life, questioning careers, questioning myself, all that fun stuff we all go through. I'm 19 approaching 20, and it's terrifying to be leaving my teenage years behind. If you have the secret to life, please give me a shout.
I don't read nearly as many books as I used to. It makes me sad (there's always a million and one excuses. Sure, I have less time, but I also allocate my time differently than I did three years ago). But it's life, and it doesn't mean I love books any less. It just means I'm not around as much.
I'm determined to have at least one post a month, whether it's a book review or a life update, I like to keep the Blog Archive nice and neat, each and every month accounted for.
I'm pretty bad at returning emails, so please don't take it personally if you don't get a reply. It's not you, it's me.
Anyway, if you've stumbled upon my blog, please take a look around. My book review archive is pretty cool (left sidebar, check it out), if I dare say so myself. I haven't been around for a while, but I really did pour my heart into this little website, and lucky you, you get to witness it. Kidding. Don't worry, we're good. xx
Some random facts about me:
- On a scale from 1 to Lord Voldemort, how awkward are my hugs? Well, about a 2. I like hugs.
- I love movies. I love TV shows (I watch so many it's not even funny)
- I was named after Audrey Hepburn (seriously).
- I don’t aspire to be a writer but I'm endlessly amazed by all the brilliant writers out there
- I don’t know how to use semi-colons properly. I’m not even kidding.
- My favourite ice-cream is Haagen Dazs Coffee flavour ice cream. I eat it like I eat candy: in large doses with a smile.
1718 and I'm so far from having things figured out that it scares the bejeezus out of me.
- I love my friends. They are amazing, but I do wish they would read more.
- I'm never really sure if people get my sense of humour.
- I'm never really sure if people get my sarcasm, either. They go very hand-in-hand.
- The previous two points are perhaps the two most important parts of this "about me" section
- I abuse emoticons like you wouldn't believe.
- Also, I love parentheses (I have random interjections when I think).
- I don't take myself very seriously
- Comments make me want to be a better blogger... and I have the best readers ever.
- My Holy Trinity of YA Authors: Melina Marchetta, John Green, and Sarah Dessen. The plus-one is Courtney Summers. The God that resides over them all is Markus Zusak. Patrick Ness peeks in often to share his epic awesomeness as well. Newest member is Cath Crowley.