Saturday, December 26, 2015

Favourites of 2015

Favourite Books of 2015

Adult:
The Martian by Andy Weir
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

YA:
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Non-Fiction:
Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates

Honourable Mentions:
A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
Winter by Marissa Meyer
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

(see: all the books I've read this year, my Goodreads)

Favourite Movies of 2015

Brooklyn
Mad Max: Fury Road
The End of the Tour
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (yes, this choice surprises me too)

Honourable Mentions:
Whiplash
Inside Out
Spotlight
Far from the Madding Crowd
Your Sister's Sister


Favourite TV Shows of 2015

Master of None
Last Week Tonight
Brooklyn 99

Honourable Mentions:
Jessica Jones
The 100
Game of Thrones
(I've pretty much stopped watching TV this year, much to my own surprise)




Favourite Podcasts of 2015

Hello Internet (got me into podcasting)
WTF Podcast with Marc Maron (got me through Europe)
Call Your Girlfriend
The Bugle
Untitled Patrick Rothfuss Podcast

Honourable Mentions:
The Nerdist / You Made it Weird
Serial
Dear Hank & John
First Draft with Sarah Enni / This Creative Life



----

And to the lovely readers of this post:

I hope your 2015 was filled with good books, movies, music, friends, and family. I've always enjoyed doing extravagant year-end lists, but this is all I felt like doing this year. It's not much, is it? That said, I wrote it because I want to share my interests and pass them on, because that's how I find out about all the wonderful things in my life.
I look at these Favourites lists as these small whispered promises of something good; something great.

Much love and cheers to the coming year,
Audrey

I'd love to hear what your favourites are in the comments below. xo

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Audrey! I hope 2016 is magical.
    Great book choices, especially the YA, love those two books :)
    I am addicted to podcasts, I love First Draft and Dear Hank and John. I also adore The History Chicks and Mark Kamode's Film Reviews.
    I just discovered Master of None, it's so good and Jessica Jones was one of my favourite things on TV this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'm going to have to check out those two podcasts. It's seriously my favourite medium of 2015.

      Delete
  2. I gave my dad The Martian for Christmas! I'm not sure yet if I'll read it (normally I'm leery of adult sci-fi).

    I'm definitely looking forward to The 100 coming back!! Also, I've heard Jessica Jones is quite good, although David Tennant's character is apparently a completely unredeemable villain, so... O_O That must be interesting.

    I got on board the Poldark bandwagon -- what can I say, I'm a sucker for BBC period dramas :D But now there's a loooooong wait until the next season this fall :/

    I think my favourite movies in theatre this year were Mockingjay Part 2 (I was super happy with how closely they stuck to the book!) and Inside Out. (Inside Out was so SAD for a kid's movie!!) As for Star Wars... oh man, I was not a fan of how it ended. Like, it just abruptly ended right when it looked like it was building to a climax! I was left going, 'wait what...? it's over...?'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never watched Doctor Who so this was my first introduction to Tennant- he does a really great job! I'll need to look into those dramas (I STILL haven't seen Downton Abbey)
      And Yeah, I know what you mean about Star Wars :p

      Delete
  3. I love that you mention your fave movies and shows,too! Do you keep a record somewhere of what you watch bc I don't and completely forget everything! (except what I read bc of goodreads :)

    I loved Brooklyn 99 this year, too :)

    I also loved star wars, so much fun!

    Off the top of my head, I loved Age of Adeline and Poldark (the TV series) was really addictive and awesome. as was the latest season of the walking dead, haha. Actually, the new Mission IMpossible was pretty fun, too.

    I watched season 1 of The 100 and I think I had it hyped up too much? Is season 2 worth a shot? I actually barely watch TV. You have inspired me though to think back and maybe make a list. Hmm...

    Hope you find some more awesome finds this year. I am so glad you are still around blogging! You're one of my faves and I always love your recs x



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just keep a text file list of the movies! I think I watched nearly 80 last year, which makes me feel even worse about my reading record.

      And that's the second time somebody's mentioned Poldark, I've really got to look into it.

      I liked the second season of The 100 better, I think the show in general has gotten better as it moves along - I'd say give it a chance if you've still got time.

      Yikes, my blogging has really gone downhill though, I'm mostly active on Goodreads for books now :) I'm always excited to see YOU post though!

      Delete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*