Saturday, November 29, 2014

November! where'd you Go?

Just poking my head in this abandoned blog to lament the end of November. When did this happen? Where did my month go??
Some quickie life things:

-finishing up the semester! Four more "big things" left, so the countdown begins. I've really loved the classes I took, which is a huge bonus

-I'm loving Season 3 of The Newsroom! Also keeping up with The Walking Dead, Arrow, Brooklyn 99, New Girl, Scorpion, Elementary... and sometimes The Flash and The Mindy Project. Hey now... I've cut like 4 or so shows this season! (I stopped watching Gotham, SHIELD, Selfie, and Greys... they just were not doing anything for me) What shows have you been hooked on?

-I'm looking for a fun airplane read! I have a Neil Gaiman book and a Patrick Rothfuss book I want to get around to finishing over the holidays, but I always think plane reads should be fun and action-packed and awesome. Any recommendations? Maybe The Infinite Sea... hmmm...

-CHRISTMASSSSSS. I get to enjoy it while I'm in Toronto, since when I go back home, there's like zero Christmas spirit, ha.

-Two of the most-played songs this month: Railroad Track by Willy Moon, and Monsters by Angus Powell.

-I watched Mockingjay and thought it was awesome! It's a little unnecessary to split it into two parts, but I liked how faithful it was to the book, and the acting is great. I'd love to watch Part 1 and 2 back to back, because it's like a 6 hour adaptation of a book that could actually work on some level (since the first part is, admittedly, not super super exciting)

-Also I LOVED INTERSTELLAR ugh so much. Nowhere near a perfect movie, but boy, I still loved it.

*
Alright, that's it for now! I can't wait for December though, because that means BEST-OF lists and I LOVE THOSE THINGS. I can gather more book recs because it's like getting the cream of the crop :D What's the best book you've read this year? Best movie?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh my reading this year has been pathetic! *is embarrassed* I'm actually happy that I am partway through a book for fun at the moment (Strands of Bronze and Gold). Here's hoping I actually get around to finishing it *crosses fingers*.

    Have you watched the show Reign at all? It's totally campy but in a good way, because it's still highly entertaining (the historical accuracy, of course, is probably way off...it certainly is in terms of the costumes they wear!) And it has Megan Follows in it, who is absolutely awesome as Queen Catherine.

    I haven't watched Mockingjay yet! Am waiting till I can watch it with my sister :) I know it didn't do super well on RottenTomatoes so I'm glad to hear you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, mine too! I hope you like the book you're reading... I feel like i'm gonna DNF my current read haha

      I haven't! I remember you loved the historical tv shows/movies (you recommended North & South to me, I believe! WHICH I LUUURVED). I hope you liked Mockingjay!!!

      Delete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*