Tuesday, September 30, 2014

oh, September

It's the last day of September so I guess I'll throw something up onto this blog.

First, I read Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe this month, and IT IS THE BEST BOOK I'VE READ THIS YEAR. Granted, I don't read many books, but trust me, this one is such a gem.

Second, school is back and a-rolling. Good luck to my fellow uni friends out there, hang in there! I'm graduating in June so that's pretty...erm...terrifying. But I'm loving the majority of my courses, which is nice.

Third, I'm starting to feel as if I'm getting sick, which sucks :(

Fourth, if you look onto my left sidebar over there, I've updated it so it now shows my favourite book of each year. And yes, I do realize there's an inordinate amount of Melina Marchetta books on that list, I didn't even realize it until I was actually writing it.

Fifth, what TV shows are you guys watching?? I'm a TV fiend, I'm currently trying out some new shows-- Gotham, Scorpion, Selfie, A to Z, The Flash.. I'm doing my best not to get roped into too many new shows this year. I'm really curious about How to Get Away With Murder as well, but I'll probably wait until Christmas break and watch like ten episodes.

That's it! Hope your guys' Septembers were beautiful and full of Pumpkin Spice Lattes. May the pumpkin-ness infest your Octobers as well!

Audrey
x


8 comments:

  1. Yay for updates! Haha, I have not posted on my blog in over a month. *hangs head* As for TV shows, mostly sticking with the usual ones (Once Upon a Time, Bones, Grey's Anatomy, Downton Abbey... ooooh and Murdoch Mysteries premieres this coming Monday!) but I also watched the first season of Reckless and surprisingly enjoyed it quite a bit! The premise of two lawyers who are always on opposite sides of the courtroom but are secretly/not-so-secretly attracted to each other is pretty entertaining :D

    Also, so exciting that you're graduating!! I'll be graduating next year too (convocation's in November, I think) and for the most part I'm looking forward to it, although I feel like there's still so much I won't know even once I've got my degree, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I might have to check out Reckless! And that's exciting, good luck with school, I'm sure things will figure themselves out :) :)

      Delete
  2. 1) I am so mad I didn't grab Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe at the bookstore the last time I was there - I had it in my hands, but put it back because I wasn't sure (and then, of course, I looked up reviews and realized it's a book that most people love).

    2) Good luck with your last year! Are you undergrad? I'm in my first semester of grad school, and it's crazy.

    3) Me too. September was not my month, health-wise. Hope you're doing better!

    4) You can never recommend too much of MM books. She's such a wonderful writer!

    5) I tried Gotham (I'll stick around for a few more episodes), sticking with Agents of Shield, and am planning on checking out How to Get Away With Murder and The Flash. There's so many shows, it's going to be hard to narrow it down!

    Hope you have a fantastic October!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes, you have to read it! And yep, finishing up undergrad. I just watched the pilot of Flash, I thought it was good enough to keep me watching for a few more weeks :)

      Delete
  3. First, I'm going to check out Aristotle and Dante right now. Second, omg I can't believe you're graduating! That's crazy, congrats!! Plans for next year...? I'm graduating high school this year & still thinking about U of T! Also, it seems like just yesterday that we went to that Sarah Dessen signing when you were in first year and I was in grade 9!!

    I'm sitting on my couch in a onesie, sick with a cold right now, so I feel ya on that one. Also, I've still only read Jellicoe Road but I need to get around to reading more Melina Marchetta! Totally agree with you on The Sky is Everywhere btw - have you read Jandy's latest book? I'm so excited to get my hands on it.

    And lastly, I could go on and on forever about TV because that's all I do these days, but I'm currently watching Grey's Anatomy, the Mindy Project, and Parks & Recreation. Totally recommend all of them. I just watched the first episode of Reign today, which was so-so. And I'll admit that I've also been watching The Bachelor Canada, which is both horrendous and incredibly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep, yay!
      And oh my gosh, I know right?!?! That was my first year of university, it definitely feels like yesterday. And you're graduating this year, that's really exciting, although I remember Grade 12 was pretty stressful-- good luck!

      And I borrowed Jandy's latest book from the library, but i've had NO time to read (ugh, school), I've only read like 20 pages or something, we'll see...

      I can't wait for Parks and Rec to come back! And I watch the other two as well LOL, I really need to stop watching so much TV.

      Delete
  4. i really liked aristotle and dante! the epigraph is one of my favs. melina marchetta is queeeen. i hope you feel better soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh, yes, that book, so many feels. Thanks Elena!

      Delete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*