Wednesday, April 2, 2014

oh no, the streak Ended

Ahhhh I didn't get a post up for March!! I feel terrible, mostly cause I feel like I let myself down (who reads my posts anyway?) since it was like, the ONE THING I promised for this blog. You had one job, Audrey, just one job.

It was just such a crazy hectic end to the month though, my classes were wrapping up and with it, came loads of in-class exams, assignments, and papers due. But alas, class is over on Friday, I've got a paper and three final exams left for April, then summer!! Here's a belated post for last month...

1. The How I Met Your Mother finale. I don't really know what to think... I don't think I hated it as much as a LOT of people did, but it was definitely a roller-coaster of emotions. Definitely had a few teary moments, and it'll always be a series I'll look back upon fondly (despite this very meh final season).

2. Gosh I'm just so freaking excited to be done classes. To be honest, I really enjoyed my courses this semester, I learned a lot about things I was (mostly) genuinely interested in (I mean, I learned Python. What. But it was a great experience), and it reminded me about why learning is so important and enriching, despite being accompanied by too much stress.

3. Game of Thrones starts on Sunday! Eep :)

4. I keep meaning to start reading more books, but every time I want to pick up a *serious* book, I just stop. I want to read something light, thrilling, action-packed, and not too mushy but still emotional.

5. My favourite new TV show this year was Brooklyn Nine Nine. It's actually a really funny sitcom, and I'd definitely recommend it (brought to you by the people who made Parks & Rec, another one of my favourite shows!)

6. Goddammit Toronto, you are far too cold. You've smartened up this past week, but still, thanks for that miserably cold, snowy, gross March weather. Can't wait to put away my sweaters....

7. I was grocery shopping yesterday and my cart consisted of yogurt, granola bars, frozen perogies, animal crackers, Dunkaroos, and "crumpets". Why is adulting so hard? I don't even know what the call "real food" anymore... I mean, I don't eat meat, I don't know how to *cook* vegetables, I'm too lazy to buy fruit (they always go bad before I can eat them)... which just mean I eat a lot of carbs (hell yeah, carbs!) and Tim Horton's.

8. lol canucks

9. lololololol leafs

10. Here's to a happy April, to my fellow Canadian uni friends, good luck on finals! There's light at the end of the tunnel! :)

--xx Audrey

PS- I promise to post something at the end of April, too!

6 comments:

  1. March is such a chaotic month for post-secondary students - yay for surviving!! Try the pre-cut veggies to make your life easier... And dip is ALWAYS an option :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started watching The Mindy Project and I'm loving it. It's spring in FL which is great but we're already getting bugs and humidity.

    I haven't read in over a week. I planned on it today but I'm still wasting time here not he computer lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. As this is my first year of uni, I'm still not over the fact that we're almost done and it's only April. Absolutely gorgeous! Good luck on all your finals, the end is near :)
    As a fellow Canadian, I too am thoroughly disappointed in this weather like I would rather not still be wearing my winter boots in the 2nd month of spring...
    HIMYM finale: no. It was okay but it could've been so much better if they didn't go for the shocking ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL your grocery shopping sounds a lot like mine. I'm vegetarian but not a huge fan of vegetables, so....yeah. Kinda limits things, haha. I buy fruit sometimes with this optimistic idea that I will eat it, and then I don't, usually because I am rushing around in the morning and have no time for anything but cereal.

    Also, I fully commiserate about the lack of blogging. Sadly my last post was in February...I should really do something about that. Things have just been so so busy this semester! I have had no time for reading for fun :( I've been about halfway through one book for a couple months now. It's a good thing it's a fairytale retelling/mash-up or I'd have absolutely no idea what was going on whenever I picked it up to read a few pages XD

    Good luck on exams!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I was watching your blog in the last days of March and then April 1st hit and I was like noo Audrey! But anyway, life does have that pesky nature of getting in the way.

    Thankfully the TO weather has warmed up a bit now, but this winter has been brutal and way. too. cold. Good luck with your grocery shopping adventures. I'm also a vegetarian and have slowly been trying to learn to cook veggies so when I go off to uni I don't starve.

    Hope your exams went well/are going well!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*