Tuesday, April 30, 2013

goodbye, april!

I try not to go an entire month without posting, as I definitely wouldn't want to screw up my pristine Archive in my sidebar... anywho, it's been a while!

I guess that calls for another life update. With equal amounts of existential crises and probably more uncertainty.

1. Finals are over! The course in which I thought I totally bombed because I was ridiculously unprepared for the final (worth 45%) turned out okay, thank god. I'm pretty sure a very favourable bell curve was applied there... Just waiting for my other marks, but I think I can safely say this semester went well :) I pretty much liked the majority of my courses, so that always makes everything slightly more pleasant.

2. It's pretty much May! Guys, I can't even express how excited I am for these movies. May 3: Iron Man 3. May 10: The Great Gatsby. May 17: Star Trek 2. May 24: Fast and Furious 6 and The Hangover 3 (which I probably won't watch). So obviously it's a May that's chalk-full of sequels, but I'm still SO EXCITED.

3. I don't know what I'm doing with my life. *whines* What else is new?

4. I'm such a dork, I love looking through the university course listings and planning out my classes for next year. It's still April, Audrey, what the hell are you doing.

5. I haven't been to work in about 2.5 weeks because of finals, but I miss it! I miss the kids, haha.

6. How is it May already? Every year goes by faster, it seriously worries me.

7. HOCKEY PLAYOFFS! GO CANUCKS GO!

8. How did the Leafs make playoffs? It'll be crazytown, methinks.

9. I'm slowly working my way through Ask the Passengers by AS King. The weird thing is that I know that like a year ago, I would totally devour this type of quiet, unassumingly amazing book but now I just find myself constantly distracted. Hmm.

10. I watched a bunch of movies too, I'm trying to get around to all those movies that I haven't seen-- a short list is classics like: The Shawshank Redmption, The Godfather, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, etc... Also others like Gangs of New York, In Bruges, No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood, Trainspotting. And I'll try and make my way through this year's Oscar winners, although I admit I have very little interest in Lincoln, and I don't think I can sit through Life of Pi... We'll see. Yeah. Lots of movies. I adore movies.

11. Melina Marchetta answered some questions on Goodreads, and yeah, it's MM, I love everything she writes and I stalk too many of her interviews :P Check it out.

12. Does someone in Toronto want to hire me?

13. I don't really know what else to write, actually. I'll probably edit this list as I think of new things, since this post was super disinteresting. Here's a cute gif:


I hope you all had wonderful Aprils. For those of you still in school, good luck!! Hang in there :) And for everyone else, Happy May!

--xo Audrey

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear school is doing okay! And don't worry, you're not alone! I'm still in high school (I'm not even a junior yet!) and I LOVE looking through university courses. It's like, my second passion. And while I agree that it's pretty shocking that the Leafs made it into the playoffs, I can't help but show some Toronto spirit! GO LEAFS!!! You bet I'll be watching tonight! :) Hope you have a great May as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I think I just love planning. LOL both Leafs and Canucks lost their first game... hopefully it'll be better for game 2. thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Audrey! You're still in TO? I know they're bit far for you, but are you going to any of the Chapters signings soon? I don't think I'll go to the one this weekend, but maybe the Rachel Hawkins one on the 25th.

    Also - the Leafs! In the playoffs! I don't even watch hockey but I know that this was a huge deal. We've been losing though (I think :P), as expected.

    You will love Life of Pi. I read the book (which BTW was amazing) and even though I knew what was coming I was still mesmerized by the beauty of the movie.

    Finally, congrats on your exams! My exams aren't till the end of June :((( I'm only in gr. 10 but I'm already looking at university courses, as you know!

    have a great May :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brampton's a bit far for me, it's about an hour on the Go Bus, so I don't think I'll be able to go to either of the signings :( Did you know Khaled Hosseini is signing downtown though? I'm not sure if you ever read his books actually (THe Kite Runner, etc).

      Ahh I feel like I'll be bored if I watch it, but most of the people I've talked to have really liked it, so I think I'll just have to sit down and give it a chance. I hear the CGI is incredible.

      And nothing wrong with thinking ahead! :) Good luck with your exams/end of school!!! Hopefully I'll bump into you at a book event sometime soon :)

      Delete
  3. Seriously, there are SO many good movies coming out this month. My bank account can't handle it! Hehe. :P

    What kind of job do you have? Just curious since you said you miss the kids, and I work as a nanny so I'm with kids all the time. :)

    Time does seem to be moving crazy fast. At times like these I wish we lived in the old pioneer or colonial days. Minus the death and disease of course. :P

    SUCH A CUTE DOG GIF.

    Julia @ That Hapa Chick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL right?? Gah, I have to pick and choose, and go on discount days.. I just saw Iron Man 3 and it made a HUGE dent in my wallet :(

      I work at a kind of learning center but I just help a lot of little kids read and do math; they're pretty adorable! Are you justa nanny for a family? I actually used to not be able to stand kids, but after working with them I like them MUCH more, haha :P

      Delete
  4. I live in Florida and we still have wave after wave of spring breakers coming here. Good luck with school

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for The Great Gatsby, it just looks so beautiful.

    I loved the Melina Marchetta interview, I cheered when she said Jimmy was floating around in her head :)

    Happy May and well done on making it through finals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*