Wednesday, May 23, 2012

randomsauce May

You didn't think you'd be getting an entire month without one of my required updates, did you??


Some things:

-I'm going to Taiwan/Shanghai/Hong Kong for a month! That's kind of really all I wanted to share in this post, actually. I'm actually leaving tonight (packing progress: 0%) and coming back June 22. It's going to be a trip mostly to see family, but I'll be traveling Hong Kong any way I want to because that's my own thing I'm excited for. If you've been there, I'd LOVE to know anything about places to go, places to eat, etc :) Email me, last time I went to Shanghai a few of you were life-SAVERS and gave me the best tips (bring your own toilet paper!)

-I have quite a few reviews to write: This is Not A Test, Unspoken, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me, Pink.. hopefully I can get something written on the plane ride :)

-VERONICA MARS. I AM SO OBSESSED WITH THIS SHOW. Yes, there are flaws with the characters but I'm just too invested to care. It's not like the most amazing, epic show out there (and it's quite dated) but it is freaking awesome. I watched the entire season one in 2 days, and I'm about 7 episodes into season two. NO SPOILERS!

-On Sunday, Stacy at A Novel Source interviewed me for her "Sunday Serenade"!! Read it here :) there are pictures.

-Insurgent! I ordered it and it arrived yesterday.. I can't wait to see if the hype has been true. I haven't read too many reviews so I'm going into it without many expectations.

-I'm very much enjoying this schoolwork-free time. And a slightly early CONGRATS to the all the grads of 2012, it's exciting, eh? :)

-so yeah, expect some posts, some absence, and here's to summer weather!


audrey

7 comments:

  1. AAAH!!! Veronica Mars is THE BOMB!!! Love that show! So sad it's only three seasons. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have an amazing time in Taiwan/Shanghai/Hong Kong!! (I hope you've made some more progress with your packing, lol). My sister and I were late to watching Veronica Mars too but once we started, we couldn't stop until we'd watched all the episodes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to HK about 5 years ago. They have huge markets and shopping centres, heaps bigger than the ones in Sydney at least. I can't give specifics, but yeah. Is it your first time going there? Lol anyway I'll be expecting a recap post! Get packing!!

    I added Veronica Mars to my to-watch list, just haven't gotten to it yet. :/ Now that I've wasted my holidays (well, it's mid-sem break so I'm meant to be doing work) I'll have to wait for after exams to squeeze in watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your holiday! I've been to Hong Kong about 10 or 11 times (mostly to visit family) and I love it! I'll shoot you an email now with some of my favourite places!

    And I can't wait to read Insurgent either, everyone seems to love it :)

    Beverley
    A Reading Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun travelling! I hope you got packed in time, LOL. & I can't wait till you get to the end of season 2 of Veronica Mars. So intense!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time!

    I'm looking forward to your review of UNSPOKEN. I can't wait to read that book, although living up to the Reyves brothers is a challengue :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lived in Taiwan 7 years ago. I love that country soooooo much. Enjoy! Make sure you frequent the drink stands a ton. I'm jealous.

    Insurgent is on my list of books to read. Soon. :D

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*