Saturday, April 7, 2012

Book of the Month (2012)

Originally I was too lazy and just kept adding my "books of the month" to my 2011 list, but it's time to have a 2012 list. These are the best books I read in that month, and it's books read, not books reviewed.


Year 2012

JanuaryTHE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green

-smart, funny, heartbreaking, poignant, and thoughtful. A masterpiece.


FebruarySPLIT by Swati Avasthi


-that's right! This one was a reread that I greatly enjoyed. Also, I think I only read 3 books in February so this was my favourite :)


MarchBITTERBLUE by Kristin Cashore


-an expansive, layered and complex fantasy novel with tremendous writing and beautiful characters. Kristin Cashore is my queen of YA fantasy.


AprilTHIS IS NOT A TEST by Courtney Summers


-it's so grippingly in your face with complex characters and perfect writing. My favourite CS book so far, it's brilliant. Released June 19.
-my review

MayCODE NAME VERITY by Elizabeth Wein


-beautifully written, intricate, clever, and hit me so hard. The plot was utterly genius and the friendship between the two leading ladies is sensational.
-my review


June / July: NONE


-I was looking over all the books I read lately and none of them really stuck out to me (yes, this does seem to indicate I'm in a 2 month reading slump). No five-star reads, unfortunately.

4 comments:

  1. Cool choices! Haven't heard of Split before so will definitely keep an eye out for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I seriously have to get on Split... but my TBR pile is kind of ridiculously intimidating... *hems and haws* And I've heard the Bitterblue ARC is massive. Is it slow at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! They're all on my TBR :) Glad to know they're really good! I'm a new follower.

    Rabiah
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to read anything by John Green. I know. I'm a total lame a$$.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*