Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cinder release day + book Trailer

Hello, my lovelies! I slept in til noon and no, I don't have a good excuse not to have a post for you guys. Luckily, I was contacted to do this trailer reveal for the novel Cinder by Marissa Meyer, and it seemed fun, especially with all the buzz this book has been getting. For example, this review mentions it's influenced by Star Wars, in which I can only do some fistpumping (which is really my only reaction this is fantabulous cover).

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer

Summary

Even in the future, the story begins with Once Upon a Time…. Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth's fate hinges on one girl. . . . Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She's a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world's future.



Book Trailer

 


I think the voice-over and music gave this book quite a... Disney Show/One Tree Hill feel to be honest. However, I loved the animation with the cyborg eye and pretty much the entire premise of this book.


Cinder is released TODAY, Congrats Marissa!


To find out more, visit the author's blog / Facebook / Twitter  (oh, and if you enjoy Twitter/Facebook parties of the like... mark your calendars for Jan 9th at 7 eastern time!)

Some reviews:
Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing
The Book Smugglers
Gone with the Words
Poetry to Prose

5 comments:

  1. Agree as soon as I saw the trailer I thought "ABC family show" but this made me want to consider reading the book more then before

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been SO looking forward to Cinder as well- from the awesome cover to the summary to, well, everyone raving about it. So yeah, I'm definitely going to get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh noon, I am jealous!

    Cinder looks great, definitely on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with the 'One Tree Hill' feel that the narration and music gave to the book. I can't wait to start this one though and thanks for letting us know about the January 9th party, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a beautifully made trailer. Check out the one for Agent 6: http://youtu.be/MlYnVbtYZqk

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*