Sunday, December 18, 2011

faves of 2011: the COVERS

Nomes at Inkcrush is hosting a Faves of 2011 feature that I'm so excited to be participating in! It's basically the wrap-up of 2011 that doesn't need much explanation. The categories that'll be spread out over five days are: the Books, the Characters, the Scenes, the Random, and the Covers! I'm actually doing my posts in reverse order (starting with the covers) because I like the idea of a grand finale ending with the books!


So without further ado...

MY 10 FAVOURITE COVERS OF BOOKS I READ IN 2011


10. BEAUTY QUEENS by libba bray


...for its humour



9. WITHER by lauren destefano

...for its beauty


8. BLOOD RED ROAD by moira young

...for its font


7. GRAFFITI MOON by cath crowley

...for its imagery


6. THE SCORPIO RACES by maggie stiefvater


...for sean and corr, even though it's puck on the cover :p


5. BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY by ruta sepetys

...for its simplicity



4. PLEASE IGNORE VERA DIETZ by a.s. king
...for its colour and creativity



3. ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD
 by kendare blake


...for its strikingness




2. A MONSTER CALLS by patrick ness and siobhan dowd

...for its haunted illustration



1. I'LL BE THERE by holly goldberg sloan

...for its magical brilliance

**

There are a ton of books this year with gorgeous covers that I haven't read, so my list is kind of restricted. I think I'm still enamoured by the I'll Be There cover and it was the easy #1. I'd love to know what are YOUR favourite covers of 2011??


13 comments:

  1. I adore the cover for Shine by Lauren Myracle. I think that's my favourite of 2011! And Lola and the Boy Next Door for its adorableness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so lame. I've only read two books on this list: Scorpio Races and Blood Red Road. Most of the others are on my never-ending TBR though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely agree with you on A Monster Calls. That was probably my favorite of 2011. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greeeeeeat list! And good thinking with the covers --> books thing. I didn't even think of that! I've only read 2 of those, and those 2 will actually be on MY favourite covers post! :P

    Glad you chose unique and original ones ~ not just the pretty dresses or the like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe i love that you are going backwards! I can't wait to put up my favourite covers :D

    I am so in love with the US cover of Graffiti Moon, I love it more than my Aussie one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post al r diffrent in their own way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful covers - I think Between Shades of Grey was one of my favs - I loved the watercolors and the texture of the paper - so different from the half-face trend going on with the ballgowns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHMYGOSH I love ALL these covers. And I love how all of these are completely different from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh nice, I like how you put very simple but descriptive reasons for each. I'll definitely be making a similar post at some point within the next week or so. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the U.S. Graffiti Moon cover! Yup, all of these are pretty great!

    When I had to go back and try to find my favorite cover, I couldn't really pinpoint one. It made me realize I read a lot of books with pretty craptastic covers. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! I'm participating too! Love your idea of going in reverse :) I want to read A Monster Calls sooo badly! I have a lot of these books on my shelf but I haven't read them yet. Here's my post from today (The Books): http://www.yabookloverblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/faves-of-twentyeleven-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many excellent covers this year but I LOVE I'll be There most too, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*