Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
**

I'm SO excited for this book. I'm not joking when I say I've been waiting on this before it got a cover. Before it got a new title. Before the summary came out. I've been dying to read this since discovering Trish's blog like years ago and reading some of the teasers... guys... *squee*

Something Like Normal
by Trish Doller

Summary

A powerful debut novel about a young Marine's return home from Afghanistan and the new life and love he finds while fending off the ghosts of war.

When Travis Stephenson returns home from Afghanistan, his parents are on the brink of divorce, his brother has stolen his girlfriend and his car, and nightmares of his best friend getting killed keep him completely spooked. But when he runs into Harper Gray, a girl who despises him for trashing her reputation with a middle school lie, life actually starts looking up. As Travis and Harper see more of each other, he starts falling for her and a way through the family meltdown, the post-traumatic stress, and the possibility of an interesting future begins to emerge.

His sense of humor, sense of his own strength, and incredible sense of honor make Travis an irresistible and eminently lovable hero in this fantastic and timely debut novel.

Something Like Normal is released June 19, 2012 from Bloomsbury
**

Contemp. Male POV. Plus he's 19, which is for some reason, is something I love. There are no words to express how much I'm dying to read this book.








ps- I think Trish has the best taste in YA books too. Her list of top YA guys in YA include Ryan (Raw Blue), Jonah (Jellicoe Road) and Brigan (Fire). And so so so many other amazing boys ;)

Add this book on Goodreads!
author website / blog / tumblr

11 comments:

  1. ooh/ contemporary going on my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this one! Sounds powerful and heartbreaking. Great choice.

    Here's mine: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-10-croak.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! Guess we have something in common :-)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds amazing! I will def be adding it to my tbr pile :)

    Check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-21-vicious-deep.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowowowowowowowow!

    I want this one now. I also want to become Trish's new BFF. We get along great taking boys in books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't freakin' wait to read this book!! AHH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read this book, as well! I've read the excerpts posted on Trish's website and I think they're great. Can't wait to read the rest of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This counts as New Adult, right? That's why I'm TOTALLY excited for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is on my to read list!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*