Friday, September 2, 2011

August, lookin' back

SUMMER IS OVER. *SOBS*

this is August in Review at holes In My brain


Reviews (9)

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Red Glove by Holy Black

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Babe in Boyland by Judy Gehrman

Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz

Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John

I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan

4 mini reviews


Thoughts

YAYY! Lots of reviews! I thought it was overall a very decent reading month, there wasn't any books that I hated or were too upset with. Most of these books had a 8-9 rating, which is always good :)

Book of the Month

A really tough one this month.. the best books I haven't written reviews for (see below) but of the reviewed books... Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John (9/10). Just a refreshing, smart and lovely contemporary with great themes and awesome characters.

Honourable Mentions

Of the books I reviewed... Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz and Red Glove by Holly Black were absolutely excellent.
The best books I read but didn't review were a tough tie between Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley, Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard and Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Septys


Also this month, I...
*
Rambled about movies in my In My Mailboxes here, here, and here
*
wrote my Blogging Bucket List!
*
Posted about Comfort Movies :)
*
Collaborated with some awesomesauce bloggers to create the Ultimate-est Summer Reading List!!
*
listed my top ten underrated books
*
Swoony Boy Quotes part 3-- a fan favourite... I think ;)
*
Set out to return every single blog comment! I've got about 5 posts to catch up on, but I swear I'll get to it :)
*

Parting Thoughts


Overall, it was an okay month. I wish I've done more lists, discussion posts, etc, but I just never got the inspiration. Speaking of inspiration, I've had a really tough time writing reviews and it feels like I've got so many amazing books I wish I could just express my love for, but it's hard to sit down and write, you know? Eh, enough complaining from me :)

Looking Ahead


I could ramble about how I don't really know the future of the blog, and that's true. I don't know where this is going because university is starting and I gotta set my priorities! If I go on a hiatus I'lll definitely let you guys know, but just so you know, there will probably be less frequent posts. I'll get my butt in gear and write those reviews though :P

4 comments:

  1. Swoony boy quotes... FAN FAV for sure! :P

    And yes, I know exactly what you mean. Gawd forbid that "This book is AWESOME" lose it's authenticity with as much as I say it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe summer is over. I don't wanna go back to school :/. Anyway, you've had a great month - I just bought Red Glove, you know! :P Gonna be reading Amy & Roger soon too. Hope you have a great September!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you don't stop blogging completely I won't be upset with you lol

    As long as you post even if it's just once a week, or month I don't think anyone could be upset with you on that

    yay nevermore! and thanks to you I added five flavors of dumb to my TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you had a fantastic month! And I totally know what you mean with summer being over and school being back... there's just less time to blog and read fiction. Oh well. Gotta do what you gotta do right?

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*