Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
**

First, I KNOW I am an absolutely sucky person, I've been horrible at returning comments this past week (since last WoW!). But I promise I haven't forgotten and I will go through every single one of those posts and visit the lovely people back!

Secondly, this week's pick I have a strong feeling will be EVERYWHERE today, well, maybe because this author is just so pure awesome she has landed herself a plus-one on the Holy Trinity of Authors. I'm not kidding when I say her writing is amaze-balls.


This Is Not A Test
by Courtney Summers

Summary

It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up.

As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually want to live. But as the days crawl by, everyone’s motivations to survive begin to change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life–and death–inside. When everything is gone, what do you hold on to?

This Is Not A Test is released June 2012 from St. Martin's Press
**

Uhm... ZOMBIES!!!!!
that is all.









source
author website / twitter

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE the sound of This is not a test! I haven't read any of Courtney Summers previous novels, shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This women is pretty amazing. I am so excited and although I tend to not pay attention to new releases now, this is one which I just can't stop staring at and reading the synopsis over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait for this book! It sounds amazing and the cover! Oh I need that cover on my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How good does this sound? And the cover is just awesome. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read many zombie books, but this one sounds good. But no mention of a cute boy being stuck in the school with her? Really? I'd give up on life too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a zombie chicken but this does sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courtney Summers is a great author.. this book looks great! Thanks for sharing you pick!

    Heres Mine

    ReplyDelete
  8. My pick too. :) The cover is breathtaking and the book sounds so good. I don't think I'll be able to wait until June. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Courtney Summers and a novel with zombies should make for a perfect combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ZOMG. I picked the same book! What is this? Everyone is excited about zombies (of course they are) :)

    You can find my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zombies and an awesome cover! I have seen this so much today, so it's going to be really popular. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HECK YES! Zombies + Courtney Summers = AWESOMESAUCE. I have high hopes for this one. And the cover is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd never heard of this before, but it looks great. A nice twist on the whole zombie fad.

    Guess I'll be adding it to my bottomless pit of a wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*