Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
**

This week's pick has been all over those lovely Aussie blogs that I adore and I've been just clawing desperately at to read. It's released in North America soon and it's on Netgalley! I may have started exclaiming about shitsticks when I found out on twitter, and I'm biting my nails, waiting (more like muttering murderously) for my request to hopefully be approved.

Saving June
by Hannah Harrington

Summary

‘If she’d waited less than two weeks, she’d be June who died in June. But I guess my sister didn’t consider that.’ 

Harper Scott’s older sister has always been the perfect one so when June takes her own life a week before her high school graduation, sixteen-year-old Harper is devastated. Everyone’s sorry, but no one can explain why.

When her divorcing parents decide to split her sister’s ashes into his-and-her urns, Harper takes matters into her own hands. She’ll steal the ashes and drive cross-country with her best friend, Laney, to the one place June always dreamed of going California.

Enter Jake Tolan. He’s a boy with a bad attitude, a classic-rock obsession and nothing in common with Harper’s sister. But Jake had a connection with June, and when he insists on joining them, Harper’s just desperate enough to let him. With his alternately charming and infuriating demeanour and his belief that music can see you through anything, he might be exactly what she needs.

Except June wasn’t the only one hiding something. Jake’s keeping a secret that has the power to turn Harper’s life upside down again.

Saving June is released November 29, 2011 from Harlequin (already available in Australia)
*add to goodreads

**

Road trip, grief, music, and secrets. Plus, upper YA.

And just read these reviews and try not to want it.
Nomes @ Inkcrush
Nic @ Irresistible Reads
Skye @ In the Good Books
Cinnamon @ A Thousand Little Pages
Allison @ The Allure of Books

24 comments:

  1. This one sounds interesting! I have added it to my TBR pile..

    My WoW is here, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-24th-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book as you know! I am pretty sure you are going to love it too. Just remember Jake is mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the cover of this novel. the synopsis is awesome too. great pick :)

    Check out our WoW this week.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel like i've seen this with a different cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love LOVE it! You will too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I can't wait for this one either - it looks so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. new follower :)

    I have heard great things about this one!! Can't wait for it :)

    Check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-goddess.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool!! That sounds very interesting!! I'm adding it to my list!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt an itch in my Netgalley finger now LOL but I think I have enough books in my review pile right now. I might buy it later tough because it sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds really good, definitely will add to my list.

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds really good and I'd never heard of it before! I'm off to read some reviews- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Pick! Just added it to my TBR pile.

    My WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Added it to Goodreads!!! This sounds so good....Ahh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yup I want it. Not gonna deny it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What with all the deep, meaningful, entertaining, and genius-like books by Aussies, I almost want to move out there NOW.

    LOL, I wish :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just saw this one yesterday ono NG and thought it looked good too. Great pick!

    Our WOW pick is at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The synopsis caught my eye when I first read it, but I also noticed that I had read 3/4 other books with a pretty similar premise. Sister dead, living sister goes on this journey of self discovery and then enters dead sisters boyfriend etc etc. Ironically I adored all 3/4 of those books. I love those road trips, those mysteries, and all that grief. It was Nomes review which really put this book on my radar. Your WOW reminded me how much I want this. It sounds wonderful and the US and Aussie covers are just gorg.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haven't heard much about this one but it definitely sounds awesome! Love the cover too - great pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been waiting for this one for so long it seems and I actually read it yesterday as soon as I got it from Netgalley, haha. It was pretty good! A bit different than I expected, but quite enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OHMYFREAKINGGOSHITSOUNDSSOGOOD!!!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been looking forward to reading Saving June for quite some time now for many of the same reasons! Awesome choice for your WoW pick, Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  22. walking here with a smile.. have a nice day ~ =D

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete
  23. "Road trip, grief, music, and secrets. Plus, upper YA." *thumbs up* ♥

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*