Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
**

I just finished this author's debut, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, and I really enjoyed it... then I found out about her second book and wow... it definitely seems like my type of book.

Second Chance Summer
by Morgan Matson

Summary (goodreads)

Taylor's family might not be the closest-knit – everyone is a little too busy and overscheduled – but for the most part, they get along fine. Then they get news that changes everything: Her father has pancreatic cancer, and it's stage four – meaning that there is basically nothing to be done. Her parents decide that the family will spend his last months together at their old summerhouse in the Pocono Mountains.

 Crammed into a place much smaller and more rustic than they are used to, they begin to get to know each other again. And Taylor discovers that the people she thought she had left behind haven't actually gone anywhere. Her former summer best friend is suddenly around, as is her first boyfriend. . . and he's much cuter at seventeen than he was at twelve.

 As the summer progresses, the Edwards become more of a family, and closer than they've ever been before. But all of them very aware that they're battling a ticking clock. Sometimes, though, there is just enough time to get a second chance – with family, with friends, and with love.


Second Chance Summer is released May 8, 2012 from Simon & Schuster
**

Will you check out that cover?! I think it's rocking the perfect vibe. And I can't stop staring at it. And I absolutely adore the title as well. And the summary. Boy, this is a book that simply sells itself!!








author twitter

21 comments:

  1. Good choice. It looks like it'll be a little sad but also awesome, like Amy & Roger. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds SO good! I'm about to start Amy & Roger, hopefully, so if that's awesome (which I think it will be) then I'll definitely get this :) I love the title font, and the cover itself is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finishe Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and loved it so am excited to read this one too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect end of summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds like a nice read, even if a little sad. Awesome pick, Audrey!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you loved Amy & Roger's Epic Detour! I want this too and I agree the cover is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds great. I hadn't heard of this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pick Audrey, I'm really excited for this one too! May 2012 is way too far away to wait for this book, I'm so not a patient person:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I had no idea this author had a book coming out in 2012! Now I'm super excited for it! Loved Amy & Roger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol - good choice, this was mine last week :D


    Check out my WoW here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Choice! I still need to read her first book, but I will make sure to keep this one in mind too. :)

    Check out my WoW: http://justin941bookblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-possess-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the font on this book! And yes, it sounds like an amazing contemporary. I haven't read the author's debut, but I want to :)

    You can find my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! My pick this week too.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm waiting on this one too, it sounds amazing. Plus, love the cover! Great pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, happy that you liked Amy & Roger's Epic Detour! ('Cause or else we'd have to settle it out back, y'know.) So since this one's also a Morgan Matson novel, I'll say good pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so excited for this book! I heard about it last night and I've seen it so many times since then, but it really looks great! Nice pick.

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-tris-and-izzie.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with you - this sounds like a good one to wait for. Nice WoW pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Second Chance Summer has popped up several times today! It sounds like a sad contemporary novel...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now I can't stop staring at the cover. and I just love the premise. I'm crying already.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This one kind of reminds me of Where it Began! both look awesome. Can't believe summer is almost over waahh lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ummmm I TOTALLY NEED TO READ THIS. And Amy and Roger's Epic Detour for that matter.... But anyway this sounds freaking amazing. Just my kind of book too. :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*