Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
**

I hate it when I can't think of a book I'm lusting to feature :( Or maybe I'm just vastly unprepared for stuff like this because I'm waiting on books by my favourite authors that are missing titles/covers/summaries/etc so I can't feature them just yet... Anyways, why not feature an Aussie title (seriously, can I be an honourable Aussie? I only love your authors, love your books, love your accents, and love your fictional boys-- surely that's enough) that I'm dying to read.

Blood Song
by Rhiannon Hart
Lharmell series, book I

Summary (goodreads)

I wanted to turn but I was held captive by the song on the wind. I’m coming, I told the voices. Please, wait for me. 

When her sister becomes betrothed to a prince in a northern nation, Zeraphina’s only consolations are that her loyal animal companions are by her side – and that her burning hunger to travel north is finally being sated.

Already her black hair and pale eyes mark her out as different, but now Zeraphina must be even more careful to keep her secret safe. Craving blood is not considered normal behaviour for anyone, let alone a princess. So when the king’s advisor, Rodden, seems to know more about her condition than she does, Zeraphina is determined to find out more.

Zeraphina must be willing to sacrifice everything if she’s to uncover the truth – but what if the truth is beyond her worst nightmares?

Blood Song is released September 1, 2011 from Random House Australia
**

I've read some seriously rave reviews of this book at some awesome blogs which have made me *dying* to read this. Does anyone know if the rights have been sold in North America? Anyways, definitely waiting on this book!








author blog / twitter

16 comments:

  1. Awesome pick!! I can't wait to read this one.

    My WoW: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks so good, and what a cool cover! Hopefully we'll see this in the US soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I loved Blood Song so much. I don't think it has a release date for anywhere else yet, but I really hope it comes out elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I just assumed it to be another paranormal and didn't give it more thought, but after reading Nomes review I'm quite curious about it. gorgeous cover too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I don't think I'd have picked this one only for the cover, but the synopsis sounds interesting.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh you will LOVE this book.

    no international release (yet) :/

    i would send you my copy but it is already floating around America somewhere touring around with my book club :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your pick! I am planning on starting it this weekend. And Audrey I am going to tour a copy of this so I will make sure you get to read it.

    If we make you an honourable Aussie will you stop stealing my fictional aussie book boyfriends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fingers crossed we can get it here in Canada soon, it sounds awesome! Great choice!

    Here's my WoW: http://bit.ly/prl4Jk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely looking forward to this one! Wish it were being released internationally, but hopefully we'll get a chance to read it. Great pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not fair. I want to be an honourable Aussie too!

    Can't wait to get my hands on Bloodsong! It sounds like totally my type of book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything Aussie, too :)

    This one looks really interesting. I hope it'll be available in N. America soon :|

    You can find my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent choice, Audrey! I love Rihannon's blog and I'm super exited to read her book

    I know of an Australian online shop who sends abroad so I'm most definitely ordering a copy of Blood Song when it's available :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks amazing, i love that she has animal friends. i guess its aussie only?

    ReplyDelete
  14. i haven't heard of this book before. looks and sounds awesome. thanks for stopping by our WoW post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, I have the same problem - waiting for a bunch of books that don't have covers yet! Sometimes I break down and WoW them anyway, LOL. Anyway, I've heard great things about Blood Song too - although nothing so far about North American rights :(

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*