Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
**

Oh, another classic example of a single review winning me over, because after reading Yan at Books By Their Cover's review of this book.... dude. I NEED THIS.

The Probability of Miracles
by Wendy Wunder

Summary (goodreads)

Dry, sarcastic, sixteen-year-old Cam Cooper has spent the last seven years in and out hospitals. The last thing she wants to do in the short life she has left is move 1,500 miles away to Promise, Maine - a place known for the miraculous events that occur there. But it's undeniable that strange things happen in Promise: everlasting sunsets; purple dandelions; flamingoes in the frigid Atlantic; an elusive boy named Asher; and finally, a mysterious envelope containing a list of things for Cam to do before she dies. As Cam checks each item off the list, she finally learns to believe - in love, in herself, and even in miracles.

The Probability of Miracles is released December 8, 2011 from Razorbill
**

In Yan's summary, it's compared to I'll Be There, and if this book is half as good I'll be happy. It looks like one of those sad but hopeful and ultimately awesomesauce contemporary novels that I just can't stay away from.




16 comments:

  1. Well what an attention-grabbing cover! And the synopsis sounds really unique. I hope it turns out good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read your thoughts on this one. This place she describes sounds fascinating. I want to vacation there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I like the sound of this one. The cover's fantastic so I'm already sold. Great choice.

    Here's my WOW: http://bit.ly/re4PgY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I'm waiting on this one too Audrey, it sounds so good:) Come on December!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome, though I'm not a fan of the cover - the pink is a little... too pink, lol. Awesome pick, Audrey!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover! Sounds great. Nice pick!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-glow.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the look of this one, I'm intrigued by the synopsis! And the cover is very pink, but I actually quite like it :P. Awesome pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Audrey, PoM is much awesomesauce. I'm waiting for it to be released so I can push my friends into buying it. Thanks for the link too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds a bit too sad for me but I don't doubt that it might be an awesome read(I just don't like my books to be sad).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only heard amazing things about this one so far, and the more I hear the more I want to read it ASAP. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick. Looking forward to this one too!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm waiting for this one, too! Looks so good. I think I can already feel tears prickling, getting read to pour when I read it XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I know, doesn't this one sound refreshingly different?! It was a WoW of mine a while ago. I love the vibrancy of the pink in the cover, and the feather outline showing her face...beautiful! Also, I'm interested to see if there's some magical realism going on, because it sounds like there might be from the description...

    ReplyDelete
  14. The review's got me wanting this one too, now! I love me some sarcastic protags. And oh, that feather on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like it's going to be an amazing, emotionally charged book. :)

    Happy Reading, Guys! ;)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Teaser Tuesday & My WoW!
    And Also, my In My Mailbox this week!
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*