Monday, August 8, 2011

swoony boy Quotes (part trois)

trois = 3 in french, btw.

Well, I don't think I need much intro, I hope you like this collection of quotes from swoony boys! It used to be swoony quotes (from swoony boys) but now it's just a collection of awesomely and sometimes swoony quotes from these super-swoony boys*.

See Part 1 here, and Part 2 here.

**

ft. Ryan from Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar

He exhales, then leans forward, reaching under the table to hold my knee. 'I didn't mean that. I want to be here. You know what I kept thinking about while I was away? When we went for a surf the morning after - how I felt coming up from the beach with you afterwards. I was thinking, 'How good is this?''
~I don't think I can get over how much I adored this book, and Ryan is definitely not your cookie-cutter YA love interest. In fact, I don't think he counts as YA, but oh boy, I have been fighting off bloggers for this man. ;)



ft. Dave from A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley (US version)

"You think she'd go out with anyone because she's not like you. She's gorgeous. Fucking gorgeous. You've spent too long in this place to see"
~this is from Rose's POV, and Dave is talking about Charlie. Uhm I think my heart just skipped 20 beats. I mean he calls her fucking gorgeous and I'm like *dies*



ft. Alan Ryves from The Demon's Surrender by Sarah Rees Brennan

"Love always costs more than you can afford to pay," he said. "And it's always worth the price."
~Alan, marry me.



ft. Finnikin from Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta

Sir Topher finally looked up. 'Because any hope beyond that, my boy, would be too much. I feared we would drown in it.'

'Then I choose to drown,' Finnikin said. 'In hope. Rather than float into nothing.'
~I think this quote speaks volumes about this character, his perseverance, hope, determination and so so much more makes him very awesome.

**


I haven't done this in too long! Look out for part four soon ;) What do you think of these quotes? And no need to try and take these boys from me, you will fail :p








*there is no limit to the usage of the word 'swoony'

18 comments:

  1. I cannot fight for any of them since I don't know any of them, yet anyway ;)

    Great quotes, Audrey, thank you so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always trying to steal my guys! That Rhino quote makes my heart melt. I also love that moment where he rings and asks Carly out. And I love whenever he says "mate". Okay, I am going a bit fan girl here I better shut up. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "fucking gorgeous" just makes me *sighs* and Ryan sounds so awesome that quote of his killed me. damn I need these books. Great pick lovey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swooned. I especially love Alan's quote - the Ryves brothers rock. Nick will always be my favourite though, so you can keep Alan ;). Must read Finnikin of the Rock, I've been meaning to for ages...

    ReplyDelete
  5. O girl. Those are SO SO SO good. I love the one from DS best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these quotes are so awesome! ahhhh i want to read all of these books so bad, especially Raw Blue, A Little Wanting Song & Finnikin of the Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah, I still need to read the Demon's Lexicon series. :P Love these posts. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I love the quote from Finnikin of the Rock. I have that one on my shelf, but I'm swamped with review books, so I haven't gotten around to it yet. Awesome post, Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *fall on floor dead*

    I loved Rhino most when he works out the tattoo he would get, but that is a really good moment too!

    Those quotes from Dave and Alan are pretty fucking awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my God Ryan. *dies* LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!! I loved everything about his character and I just adored Raw Blue so much. Love this feature Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Alan's quote the best, even though I haven't read The Demon's Surrender and the books before it. But I already love Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ryan is the only one of these lovely guys that I have 'met', so I may have to change that!

    I just went back and read posts 1 & 2... loveeee that Jonah/Taylor moment. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! i love this feature of yours! I need to start the Demon's Lexicon series!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I superlove the Finnikin quote! Can you believe I haven't read those yet?!

    Also, how do you go back and find these quotes? Have you highlighted them?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mari- glad you liked :)

    Nic- I knowww!!! Completely agree, and I'm way past the stage of fangirling... obsessively... :P

    Aly- oh yes, *sigh* :)

    Liz- OMG Ryves brothers! I love them both but TDS really made me fall for Alan

    Juju- yayy! =)

    Aleeza- They're all amazing books!

    Cialina- hehehe, of course :)

    Hafsah- I know what you mean, darned review piles! Finnikin is an awesome fantasy YA though :)

    Missie- Omggg I want the book so I can reread it!

    Jenny- ME TOO EEEEP. That book is brilliant <3

    Rida- Alan is amazing!!! Seriously, you'd be crazy not to love him

    Ashley- yes you do! Oh Ryan, everyone loves him <33 And don't get me started on JR <3

    bookchilla- thank you! And I hope you try it!

    Madeleine- Awh! You should :) And HIGHLIGHTING MY BOOKS? *gasp* XD I just think of boys in book then go and reread random parts, usually a quote will jump out and I'll use it =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its really great.just you can see anything about quotes .

    ReplyDelete
  17. go the dave quote. i think you could base the whole marketing campaign for the book around that quote ;) (still havent found it in mine BUT have indulged and preordered the paperback of the US edition (nothing like having 2 copies of your fave book ;)

    and Rhino. he can do not wrong. SWOON.

    ReplyDelete
  18. PART THREE! Ahh! I need more! Hahhaa

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*