Sunday, August 14, 2011

In My Mailbox (9) + randomsaucity


In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, inspired by Alea!
**

Firstly, not much in my mailbox. Paid a visit to the library and came home with...


Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Red Glove by Holly Black
Matched by Ally Condie (second time around... maybe I'll get past page 70, haha)


And now for other news!

1. LEVERAGE

Guys, I am addicted to this TV show. When I say addicted, I mean "I finished 2 seasons in 2 days" type of addicted, true story. And yes, I completely blame Ashley at Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing for this rec.

It's like Ocean's 11 meets Robin Hood with cons and thieves and so much fun stuff it's hard to stop watching (or maybe I just have no self control, because I have definitely proved that in the past)

Also, I signed up for the 1 month free trial on Netflix (to watch this show) and yes, I'm definitely recommending it. Super quick and easy to sign up (well, you'll need a credit card), easy to use, decent quality, great selection!



2. I haven't discussed movies in a while! I've watched quite a few lately and I know some people hate it when book blogs feature movies but ah well *shrugs* can't please everyone! Might post a "movie thoughts" post sometimes, but for now, these are the last 2 movies I watched...

  • Rise of the Planet of the Apes - it surprised me! I guess I had low expectations but I came out of it really pleased, this movie is awesome. It made me have that emotional connection with the characters and the apes, and might I mention James Franco is fiiine ;) The graphics were pretty incredible, and I'd definitely recommend this movie.

  • Pulp Fiction- On a late-night twitter recommendation (I love twitter because they recommend the awesomest things, seriously!) I watched this (I know, took me long enough!) and it was... great. Kind of twisted, trippy, extremely vulgar (too many F-bombs to count... or you can watch this *warning: lotsa swearing* ) but with some incredible acting and even better dialogue, I was entertained (even when I had no idea what was going on). 


3. I love looking for upcoming/recent movies by looking at trailers (seriously, I can do this for hours), and here's two that caught my eye.

Like Crazy (Anton Yelchin, Felicity Jones, Jennifer Lawrence)
released: October 28, 2011



~Watch this trailer! And after that, I guess you can mock me all you want but I had that stomach-flipping feeling when I saw this and I know, I'm probably weird saying this but I'm just drawn to this. Or I love the trailer (I'm a sucker for well-put-together trailers with good songs). Plus I think Anton Yelchin is super awesome (have you seen Charlie Bartlett? And he rocked in Star Trek as well)


In Time (Justin Timberlake, Olivia Wilde, Amanda Seyfried, Matt Bomer(!), Cillian Murphy)
released: October 28, 2011



~Yeah, this is like a destined block-buster, but did anyone else get a slight reminder of Wither by Lauren DeStefano when they said people don't live over 25? The premise is interesting and with such a star-studded cast, this one's on my to-watch list.

And no, I had no idea these two are released on the same day until I checked :p

...what else is there...


4. Netgalley

I really don't like reading on the computer since I don't own an ereader, but there are some serious gems on Netgalley right now that you can't miss. Thank you Random House! XD

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley - GUYS. This got a 5 star goodreads rating from me, it's so freaking amazing. I did like A Little Wanting Song a bit more but this one is just as incredible and I really need to sit down and just gush out a review soon.

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard - I loved Like Mandarin and I think Hubbard is a seriously talented writer. Her second book I'm so excited for too, and it's got breathlessly-wonderful-gorgeous-beautiful written ALL over it.


5. Have a great Sunday (and I can't think of other news to round off the list, seeing as I've been a hermit and been watching Leverage for 2 days straight)


6. Ooh, never mind! I thought of another one

COMMENTING!

My lovelies! For the rest of August, I'm gonna do a personal challenge where I return every single comment on this blog. You comment here? I comment on your blog. Yes, even for memes, etc. Because I love you guys :) And I have lots of free time, haha. So get commenting, yes? It'll take me a few days to return comments though, and I'm just saying I'll try my very best so hopefully I won't fail.

That's all for now! Refer to #5!

28 comments:

  1. omg the in time movie looks amazing, although I'm a little apprehensive about Justin playing the role but we'll see. Was going to ask you what movies you had seen so yay for this post! Dude sometimes I feel like I was the only one who loved matched. Seen so many mixed reviews that it got me contemplating reading it again to see if I missed something. Oh and Amy and Roger is a okay read. The music, illustrations and the character growth are the highlights, but I didn't really fall in love with it. Hope you end up liking it more than I did hun, happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anton Yelchin was amazing in Star Trek.
    I loved the coffee = 4mins.
    And I didn't fall in love with Matched. Not what I expected. It was ok.

    Have a great sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i heart Matched! and i find Leverage funny :) happy reading!

    my IMM:
    http://bookchilla.wordpress.com/2011/08/14/in-my-mailbox-11/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Red Glove - no idea why I haven't, I loved White Cat so much! Matched and Amy & Roger look great too. I really want to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes - glad you enjoyed it! I like prequels, but I wish they'd just make a Planet of the Apes movie that actually carries on from where the last one ended - that was some cliffhanger! And you have a great Sunday too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need to get a copy of Amy and Roger's Epic Detour soon; it sounds fantastic. And "In Time" looks fantastic, hadn't heard of that movie before.

    Enjoy your new books and have a lovely week,
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so excited to see Wanderlove on NetGalley! It was my Waiting on Wednesday pick a few weeks ago and I can't wait to read it.

    I need to get on the bandwagon with Graffiti Moon though because so many people want to read it but the synopsis did nothing for me. But, the same was true of me for The Hunger Games and the only reason I read that one was because someone forced me. So I think perhaps it's time to add Graffiti Moon to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You didn't like Matched I guess LOL Too bad I really enjoyed it. I've heard great stuff about Amy and Roger's epic detour, can't wait to hear what you think, Audrey.

    Leverage sounds just like my kind of series, now I need to check it out. And yaay that it started some years back because that means I can buy at least a couple of seasons on DVD :D

    I can't watch the trailers right now but I promise to do it later.

    I have way too many titles on my Kindle from Netgalley right now, so I don't think it would be wise of me to check out these two titles. Who am I kidding I'm probably going to do it anyway.

    Pheeew, that was one long comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red Glove is awesome! Hope you enjoy it.

    In Time and Like Crazy both look like amazing movies (I love Cillian Murphy so In Time especially). I hadn't seen the trailers so thank you for bringing them to my attention.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. amy & roger yes yes yes! (seriously, what is it about your blog that makes me keep going YES all the damn time?)

    red glove was pretty fantastic too...and oh boy, matched. don't even get me started on that one. boringest. book. ever. *snore* okay, so maybe that's mean but i just really didn't like the book.

    also, wanderlove? quite possibly my favorite book of 2011. LOVE. IT. i got graffiti moon too...and i hope it's as awesome as everyone says it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Red Glove was awesome and the other two are high in my to read list.
    In Time and Like Crazy look so good! Olivia Wilde as Justins mom is just so odd lol
    I've never heard of Leverage :o *goes to google*

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHH PULP FICTION! <3 That is seriously one of my favorite movies of all time. Yeah, it's pretty sick and twisted, but it's sooo good. I first watched it when I was 16, and I remember trying to show it to all my friends who were just like "o___O" the whole time.

    Also, I really want to read 'Amy and Roger's Epic Detour', so I'm psyched to see your review for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHH In Time looks so good, I love so many of those actors, especially Seyfried and Murphy! Thanks for the video I hadn't heard of it. Netgalley does have some great titles now, I want to read Like Mandarin before I pick up Wanderlove but I know both will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep meaning to read my Amy and Roger's Epic Detour but there always seems to be another book that I end up reading instead, lol. Red Glove was a great follow-up to White Cat, so I'm hope you enjoy it too!

    I like Anton Yelchin too! He was awesome in both Charlie Bartlett and Star Trek! (And in the newer Terminator movie with Christian Bale!)

    Happy reading (and watching, lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour is really cute, but I didn't like Matched much, either. It was really disappointing, actually...

    Graffiti Moon and Wanderlove LOVE. YES. /hugs them to my virtual chest/

    Your Leverage obsession reminds me of my Glee one:).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, that trailer for Like Crazy is both sweet and sad. As for Matched, it took me a little while to connect with the main character Cassia. Not sure if this was a problem for you the first time you tried it, but if so, you might want to keep reading for a bit and see if that changes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed the trailers :)

    Hope you get into Matched this time - I really enjoyed it and reviewed it on my blog. Amy and Roger is simply amazing!

    I also got Graffiti Moon this week - check out my IMM here

    ReplyDelete
  17. MUST. NOT. GET. ADDICTED. TO. MOVIES. Or else I'll get depressed with how many I'm missing because life is a hectic mess. Though that Like Crazy trailer IS perfect. And my friend actually went to - and loved - the Sundance Film Festival this year. JEALOUS, though she's much more into cinema than I am. :)

    Yay for A&R's Epic Detour! Hope you like it. Enjoy the others too, ofc, though I thought Matched was kind of meh. I WANT GRAFFITI MOON SO BAD. sigh. Happy reading, Audrey! (Say what? You have free time, soon-to-be-uni girl?)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You must be a list person too! Ah Leverage! I absolutly loved Amy and Rogers epic detour.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so excited for both those movies, but especially Like Crazy. The trailer nearly made me cry! It looks awesome. I love Felicity Jones, she's so beautiful - have you seen her in Chalet Girl? It's so fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q5Wdni-H0o
    She was also in Northanger Abbey a few years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I loveeee 'Amy and Roger' -- definitely one of my faves!

    I had a hard time with 'Matched' as well. I finished it and it was okay, but I don't get why everyone went insane over it. It was just so SLOWWWW.

    Oh Netflix! I just signed up for the free trial last week. We watched the 'North and South' mini series today, it was faaaabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY for Amy & Roger's Epic Detour! I hope you enjoy it.

    And thanks for sharing those trailers. Hadn't heard of either of them but they both look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bahahaha!! You are SO welcome! :) It makes me so insanely happy inside that you love Leverage so much! :D Can't wait to chat about it again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I reaaaally want to read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour!
    I hope you enjoy it!

    I have Graffiti Moon too, I've heard it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh, I can't wait to read Amy & Roger, it looks awesome :) And I loved White Cat - I need to get myself a copy of Red Glove :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't even want to think about the tears that are sure to come when I watch Like Crazy. Seriously. The trailer blows my mind.

    I don't watch much tv, but I do have netflix, so I'll make it a point to check out Leverage too. There is only so many rerun you can watch of Project Runway. :P

    Great stuff here Audrey. Thanks for sharing.

    And please finish Matched!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So I am randomly commenting again because I remembered that you wrote about Leverage on your blog. Well like I said above I've had the Netflix free trial as well and I started watching Leverage and I am so, so addicted. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*