In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, inspired by Alea!
Firstly, not much in my mailbox. Paid a visit to the library and came home with...
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Red Glove by Holly Black
Matched by Ally Condie (second time around... maybe I'll get past page 70, haha)
And now for other news!
Guys, I am addicted to this TV show. When I say addicted, I mean "I finished 2 seasons in 2 days" type of addicted, true story. And yes, I completely blame Ashley at Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing for this rec.
It's like Ocean's 11 meets Robin Hood with cons and thieves and so much fun stuff it's hard to stop watching (or maybe I just have no self control, because I have definitely proved that in the past)
Also, I signed up for the 1 month free trial on Netflix (to watch this show) and yes, I'm definitely recommending it. Super quick and easy to sign up (well, you'll need a credit card), easy to use, decent quality, great selection!
2. I haven't discussed movies in a while! I've watched quite a few lately and I know some people hate it when book blogs feature movies but ah well *shrugs* can't please everyone! Might post a "movie thoughts" post sometimes, but for now, these are the last 2 movies I watched...
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes - it surprised me! I guess I had low expectations but I came out of it really pleased, this movie is awesome. It made me have that emotional connection with the characters and the apes, and might I mention James Franco is fiiine ;) The graphics were pretty incredible, and I'd definitely recommend this movie.
- Pulp Fiction- On a late-night twitter recommendation (I love twitter because they recommend the awesomest things, seriously!) I watched this (I know, took me long enough!) and it was... great. Kind of twisted, trippy, extremely vulgar (too many F-bombs to count... or you can watch this *warning: lotsa swearing* ) but with some incredible acting and even better dialogue, I was entertained (even when I had no idea what was going on).
3. I love looking for upcoming/recent movies by looking at trailers (seriously, I can do this for hours), and here's two that caught my eye.
Like Crazy (Anton Yelchin, Felicity Jones, Jennifer Lawrence)
released: October 28, 2011
~Watch this trailer! And after that, I guess you can mock me all you want but I had that stomach-flipping feeling when I saw this and I know, I'm probably weird saying this but I'm just drawn to this. Or I love the trailer (I'm a sucker for well-put-together trailers with good songs). Plus I think Anton Yelchin is super awesome (have you seen Charlie Bartlett? And he rocked in Star Trek as well)
In Time (Justin Timberlake, Olivia Wilde, Amanda Seyfried, Matt Bomer(!), Cillian Murphy)
released: October 28, 2011
~Yeah, this is like a destined block-buster, but did anyone else get a slight reminder of Wither by Lauren DeStefano when they said people don't live over 25? The premise is interesting and with such a star-studded cast, this one's on my to-watch list.
And no, I had no idea these two are released on the same day until I checked :p
...what else is there...
I really don't like reading on the computer since I don't own an ereader, but there are some serious gems on Netgalley right now that you can't miss. Thank you Random House! XD
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley - GUYS. This got a 5 star goodreads rating from me, it's so freaking amazing. I did like A Little Wanting Song a bit more but this one is just as incredible and I really need to sit down and just gush out a review soon.
Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard - I loved Like Mandarin and I think Hubbard is a seriously talented writer. Her second book I'm so excited for too, and it's got breathlessly-wonderful-gorgeous-beautiful written ALL over it.
5. Have a great Sunday (and I can't think of other news to round off the list, seeing as I've been a hermit and been watching Leverage for 2 days straight)
6. Ooh, never mind! I thought of another one
My lovelies! For the rest of August, I'm gonna do a personal challenge where I return every single comment on this blog. You comment here? I comment on your blog. Yes, even for memes, etc. Because I love you guys :) And I have lots of free time, haha. So get commenting, yes? It'll take me a few days to return comments though, and I'm just saying I'll try my very best so hopefully I won't fail.
That's all for now! Refer to #5!