Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday's Finest (43)

hosted by the awesome Justine at A Bookful of Thoughts
**

Sorry for not posting yesterday (and most of today), I really have just run out of post ideas and reviews. Anyways, I just finished this book and it was so beautiful and sad and definitely up there on the must-read lists.

Between Shades of Gray
by Ruta Septys

Quote:

He threw his burning cigarette onto our clean living room floor and ground it into the wood with his boot.

We were about to become cigarettes..

I hated them, the NKVD and the Soviets. I planted a seed of hatred in my heart. I swore it would grow to be a massive tree whose roots would strangle them all.

I would seriously judge you if you read this and wasn't emotionally affected. Hmm, I wish this post wasn't such a downer :(

13 comments:

  1. O wow. Sounds moving and powerful. Great teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those days too. *patpat*

    This has been on my TBR list for what seems like forever. Gosh. I evidently NEED to read this soon; love the quotes. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Between Shades of Gray! It's a favorite for this year. Honestly I didn't *love* the writing but the story was beautiful and heartbreaking.

    Great pick!

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Between Shades of Gray had such beautiful writing. Great quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a very thought - provoking read. Great choice of quotes dearie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take a break if you need to and besides you don't need to blog every day we'll still be here if you don't post all that frequent :)

    Anyways I loved the quotes you shared. Nina, my blogging partner reviewed it and she loved it as well. It sounds like a wonderful and sad story about an important period in our history.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still waiting for this and A Little Wanting Song and Five Flavors of Dumb to come in at the library!

    I wonder if that little plant on the cover is directly related to the second quote ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I need to read this book! I think I'm going to like it if those quotes are any example :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sister read this book and she really liked it, too. I still haven't read it yet but reading those fabulous quotes and hearing that you liked it also makes me look forward to reading it soon.

    Great post and thanks for stopping by our blog:)
    -leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard this is such a beautiful and heartbreaking story. Another one I must read :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still haven't been able to read this book but I SO WANT TO. *puts on hold at Library*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for using the time and effort to write something so interesting.

    My site:
    DSL Anbieter dslvergleichdsl.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're officially cool for calling me awesome. LOL. Anyway, Ive wanted to read this book for a long time!! I bet it will emotionally affect me so much that Ill cry a river. Ahhhh want to read this so bad!! :D Thanks for participating this weeek, Audrey!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*