It’s pouring outside today much to my dismay so I thought I’d write this list to make me feel better.
Definition: movies that I’ll watch over and over again and can either give me a fuzzy happy feeling or bring on the sad pandas. I’ve seen these multiple times and still love them, and they aren’t the best movies (sometimes far from it) but they're the ones that I’ll turn to when I’m feeling particularly emotional.
- As pretty much any girl out there, this is perhaps, THE must-watch romance of my generation. Love, lost, heartbreak, tears, smiles, happy endings… it’s all there.
- I just watched this yesterday and a few times before that. It just popped into my mind that I had to watch it and it’s just as fun and romantic and lovely as I remembered. I remember rewinding that scene outside the bar after the engagement-party-meltdown.. I love you James Marsden!
A Walk to Remember
- Call me crazy but I’ve always liked Mandy Moore! And while Nicholas Sparks isn’t high on my authors-I-admire list, I really love the story and… *sigh* and it’s sad and happy and sad and so lovely.
10 Things I Hate About You
- I just watched this a few weeks ago and since then I’ve already rewatched it! I can’t believe it took me so long but trust me, don’t underestimate this hilarious beast of a movie featuring a young Heath Ledger and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. So funny, and I have watched this video more times than I care to admit.
The Devil Wears Prada
- Meryl Streep!! I love her! And this movie, because it reminds me of how unfashionable I am. I don’t even know why I like this so much :p
Confessions of a Shopaholic
- Hugh Dancy, why are you so adorable? And this whole movie is adorable, I saw it on TV the other night and watched the entire thing with this big sappy smile on my face. It’s funny and charming and totally cheesy but awesome.
Two Weeks Notice
- Awh Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock! My mum loved this and I think it influenced me because it’s just so rewatchable.
- Ahhh I watched this movie, I swear, 10 years ago and I still get choked up. Just epic, and it’s not really my favourite or anything but it’s a must-watch.
Pride &amp;amp; Prejudice (2005)
- Hate on Kiera Knightly all you want, but I seriously adore this movie. ADORE. I do prefer the 1995 Colin Firth version, but this one is the ideal movie if you need that 2 hours of escapism into Elizabeth Bennett’s world. And a nice dose of the Mr. Darcy that doesn't exist in real life.
She’s the Man
- I can’t even express how awesome this movie is in the predictable, cheesy, silly, and HILARIOUS way but I’ve watched it at least 3 times and it never gets old. I mean, this?? *dies*
- I swear I can quote the entire thing. LOVE this movie.
Iron Man 2
- Now for the action movie comfort movies, I regularly watch this because it’s so flipping awesome. I love the whole snarkiness of it (which my brother hates, but to each your own) and the one-line humour.
- This movie is sooooo good! I haven’t watched any of the original Star Trek series before but I just love the movie. Great acting, special effects, and a storyline I can understand… deffs high up there on my ‘movies to watch when I’m bored/sad/upset’.
note: All images are from Tumblr!
So, what do you think? I have a few Honourable Mentions (movies I do think about rewatching and definitely fit the bill, but I haven't watched it again yet) that include: PS I Love You, Never Let Me Go, Bridget Jones Diary, Clueless, Chasing Liberty, Life As We Know It...
...I claim to not like chick flicks but I've seriously watched a ton of them :p
What movies would be on YOUR list?