Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
**

This week's pick is one I'm surprised I haven't featured yet! I adored this author's debut, Like Mandarin (see my review), so I'm definitely looking forward to reading her sophomore effort :)

Wanderlove
by Kirsten Hubbard

Summary (goodreads)

It all begins with a stupid question:

Are you a Global Vagabond?

No, but 18-year-old Bria Sandoval wants to be. In a quest for independence, her neglected art, and no-strings-attached hookups, she signs up for a guided tour of Central America—the wrong one. Middle-aged tourists with fanny packs are hardly the key to self-rediscovery. When Bria meets Rowan, devoted backpacker and dive instructor, and his outspokenly humanitarian sister Starling, she seizes the chance to ditch her group and join them off the beaten path.

Bria's a good girl trying to go bad. Rowan's a bad boy trying to stay good. As they travel across a panorama of Mayan villages, remote Belizean islands, and hostels plagued with jungle beasties, they discover what they've got in common: both seek to leave behind the old versions of themselves. And the secret to escaping the past, Rowan’s found, is to keep moving forward.

But Bria comes to realize she can't run forever, no matter what Rowan says. If she ever wants the courage to fall for someone worthwhile, she has to start looking back.


Wanderlove is released March 13, 2012 from Delacorte

**

It looks so awesome! It's upper-YA and I'm confidant Kirsten will pull it off. Plus, I have a feeling I'll be swooning for Rowan... in exotic locations! I can't wait to read this! Also, the author has some awesome 'extras' (like excerpts!) on her blog that I've been gobbling up :)

What are you waiting on? Leave a link and I'll drop by!








author twitter / blog / website

18 comments:

  1. Love the title. It sounds very good. I look forward to your WOW's Audrey dear. You always pick fabulous titles I haven't heard of before :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coice, this books sounds really inspiring, thanks for sharing! I'm a now a new follower :D
    I've heard about this book before and I can't wait to read it either, great choice! I'm a new follower too :D
    This is my Waiting on Wednesday.

    And BTW, I have two international giveaways going on right now so feel free to pass by and enter :D

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Possible swooning = another guy to fight you over ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the setting and the good bad relationship. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love books in the in between. The part of life that isn't teenagery and isn't adulthood so this one sounds so good! New adult or college fiction.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one before but it does sound good! And I agree Rowan sounds like he might be swoonworthy :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time I've heard of this one but oh my it sounds amazing! I still haven't read anything by Kristen, but I've only hear amazing things about her writing. I love how Bria wants to be bad and Rowan good, that should be so much fun to read about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds cute!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was my pick a couple weeks ago. I love coming-of-age stories and I love travel memoirs. This sounds like the perfect combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds great!I have to sadly admit that I have not yet read Like Mandarin, although it is definitely on my reading list! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good choice. I love books about travel so I'll be keeping my eyes out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I've been looking forward to this, too! I loved Like Mandarin and I'm sure Wanderlove will be just as good- Kirsten Hubbard writes beautifully.

    You can find my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Travel and a bad boy? I love it already.

    Great pick.

    Here is my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://ghostofthestill.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wensday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read Like Mandarin yet but I've heard some good things, and I really like the premise (and cover! and title!) of Wanderlove.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for featuring Wanderlove! I can't wait for you to read it -- and fall for the boy, I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds very awesome. Can't wait for this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-28.html

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*