Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
*

This book hasn't been on my radar for long, apart from the very awesome Madeleine recommending it to me (she pushed me to read The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, which I'm totally loving so far) and it's also about sports! It reminds me of the Dairy Queen series a teensy bit (only the football + rivalry bit! and DQ is a fab series too) so yeah...

Catching Jordan
by Miranda Kenneally

Summary (goodreads):

What girl doesn’t want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn’t just surrounded by hot guys, though—she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that’s just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there’s a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team…and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.

Catching Jordan is released December 1, 2011 from Sourcebooks Fire.

**

Football! Romance! Rivalries! I want to read this.

What are you waiting on this week? Leave a link and I'll drop by!








author website / twitter

18 comments:

  1. I love romance lol! Never get tired of it - this sounds good. I've been reading more and more contemporary these days! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really not interested in anything sport related but this sounds pretty good! I see a lot of sexual tension in this one meh thinks xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one definitely sounds interesting.

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! Never heard of this one before, but it is definitely being added to my TBR list now! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read this one. :) It was really good! And really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope she doesn't have to give up sports or change herself too much to get the guy!

    Please check out my post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to be chased around by jocks! Must read this book to find out how to get that done. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was one of my WoWs a while ago (back when it was called Score)! Sounds like a super cute read, love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read this, too! Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! This sounds amazing! Definitely right up my alley ahha. Romance *droooloool*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love romance/sports books can't wait to get my hands on this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude, I totally expect this one to go:
    1. hot new guy enters town
    2. protag falls for hot guy
    3. protag realizes best boy friend is in love with her
    4. hot guy breaks protag's heart
    5. protag and best boy friend end up a couple

    But I'd still love to read thi! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the sound of this! I'm a sucker for stories where the girl is seen as "one of the guys", they're always really fun :P. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw this one sounds cute and I've never heard of it before. Thanks for introducing me to something else to add to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like sports romance, but are they in high school? Not so much :ducks:

    Here is my WoW:
    http://badassbookreviews.com/2011/07/06/waiting-on-wednesday-ghost-story-by-jim-butcher/

    new follower from BTS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great minds think alike! Can't wait to read this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. me too (!)

    i am always saying that on your blog but it is true. i am going to read this FOR SURE. then we can compare thoughts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to read it too! SOunds like an awesome combO!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*