Wednesday, July 6, 2011

#namethatbook Answers + Winners

Alright, seriously, this contest* was so much fun! You guys did really well, and it seems to have had a really positive response so I might be doing it again soon :) I promised to post the answers... so here they are! Also, these are some of my favourite books... I enjoy gushing and featuring these books :P


book 1- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
(I accepted The Tales of Beedle the Bard, although that last sentence should've told you it was Ron interjecting. You should have gotten this! haha)


book 2- Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert
(a brilliant, gritty contemporary which is one of my favourite books ever!)


book 3- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
(if you've read the book, you'd probably recognize this as one of Lennie's poems)


book 4- The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta
(I thought I was being funny xp I LOVE this book and this line! :P And Tom and that psycho Tara Finke <3)

book 5- Divergent by Veronica Roth
(I included the bravery part as a clue, such a great book!)


book 6- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
(LOOOVE. *sigh* Liesel and Rosa were the clues)


book 7- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
(A more recent release, but the Captains Bodacious is just one of the brilliantly funny parts of this book)


book 8- The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
(I was surprised by how many people guessed "Messenger of Truth: A Maisie Dobbs Novel by Jacqueline Winspear" I haven't heard of that book before but I got multiple entries with that guess.. cool!)


book 9- The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
(This would've been tricky if you haven't read it, but I included some key names like Delia, Monica, and the Wish catering crew.)


book 10- Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
(I'm not sure how popular this book is in the blogosphere, so I included the author's initials as a clue! The Green Man part is recognizable if you've read it)


So there you have it! I ended up with 415 entries! Random.org chose #78 so the winner is.... Linds @ Bibliophile Brouhaha! CONGRATS and awesome job~ you got 9 right :) You win a book of your choice from the 10 listed above :)

Second place (Yup, there's a second place!) was #51... Zoe! You win a $5 Gift Card to Amazon.com :)

Congrats ladies~ I will email you shortly (unless you see this first, feel free to email me)! And thanks to everyone who participated!









*#namethatbook contest was originally started by Erin Bowman, I had her permission to use it for my contest :)

9 comments:

  1. Wooot! Thanks, hon! This contest was so good!

    BUT JACK IS STILL MINE!! You can maybe having on leap years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaa!

    No wonder I was only 1 for 1. Of all those books, I've only read one.

    I was going to feel like an idiot... well like, more of an idiot if I had read some of those other books but couldn't guess them.

    Congrats to my book soulmate Linds and to Zoe. Great job.

    P.S. TOM and HALE! are Mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so much fun, congrats to Linds and Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg how could i have not guessed all of them?! LOL. THIS WAS SOOO FUNNN!!! Congrats both winners! Hooray! D:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe I didn't get the first one! Such a fun contest though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought Book 5 (Divergent) was familiar but I haven't read it yet! It's on my bookshelve, waiting for me. But this quote is so good, I think I'm going to start it right away.
    And The truth about forever! I actually read it! But in french...and yep. I have no excuses.
    It was FUN! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the pipers son quote was my fave :)

    and can't believe i didnt get the truth about forever (!) must have a re-read of that one day

    this contest was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*