Sunday, July 17, 2011

In My Mailbox (5)


IMM is hosted by the lovely Kristi at The Story Siren, inspired by Alea.
**

Just one book this week! But I was like, why not? Might as well :p

For review:


Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

I already read this! It's really, really awesome =) Definitely a ghost story you wanna keep an eye out for.

I'm waiting (and endlessly crossing my fingers) that I get approved for The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa on Netgalley too! YES! It's on Netgalley!! =O
**

Also, my baby Leonard is beautiful! He got a new shirt, and I think he looks very masculine. In a sexy kind of way. He's very confident in his masculinity, btdubs. *pets* Seriously, I would completely recommend a MBP, I've completely converted to the mac crowd.. the trackpad is magic!



A huge, heartfelt thanks to the ultra-fabulous Missie at The Unread Reader. She's giving away some amazing book pairs ;) Clicky here to enter, quick quick, contest ends tonight!
**

Lastly... I think I won't be able to shut up about A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley, I read it last night and it completely blew me away. It's such a... "me" book, it's just... le sigh. Amazing. It's not gonna be for everybody, but the writing reminds me of my writing goddess Melina Marchetta and ahhhh I loved it!

20 comments:

  1. Anna Dressed in Blood looks really good. I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. Hope you get approved for The Iron Knight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Dressed In Blood! *sends JEALOUS vibes*

    And I've read Graffiti Moon, but not A Little Wanting Song. I really need to get onto it already! I only ever hear amazing things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy goodness, I don't think I've ever seen Anna Dressed In Blood around. Wow. Okay, clearly I'm out of it. :P

    I love how you keep referring to Leonard's skin as a shirt :D You so better get approved for The Iron Knight, but just because you're an awesome blogger not because that series is good. (Well... I wouldn't know, right? ;P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna Dressed in Blood sounds like it's made of awesome :D I want to get my hands on it too, but I would have to read it during the day LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you liked Anna! I'm definitely looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anna dressed in blood looks really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna Dressed in Blood looks amazing so I'll be looking forward to seeing your review for it. and yay for The Iron Knight! I got that one this week as well and I cannot wait to read it. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! Anna Dressed in Blood has your stamp of approval. Totally looking forward to reading it.

    And I'm not sure if masculine is the word I'd use for Leonard, but he is definitely rocking his new skin. :)

    P.S. My trackpad is my god.

    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep seeing Anna Dressed in Blood! I think I should try and get it...

    ComaCalm's Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really want to read anna dressed in blood SO BADDD. you're so lucky! it comes out next month, so yay! :)

    here what i got in my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, you're making me excited to start Anna Dressed in Blood now :D

    Happy reading!

    BTW, Leonard is definitely looking pretty sexy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are fast, it does look really good though :D Sending Netgalley vibes your way for Iron Knight, hope you get approved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your computer looks great! I'm so jelous of Anna Dressed in Blood! I REALLY want to read that one ^-^

    Hope you enjoy!

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am desperate for Anna Dressed in Blood! Enjoy!

    My mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard nothing but awesome things about ANNA, I have it on tour and can't wait to read it when it comes home.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anna Dressed in Blood sounds amazing! Hope you enjoy it :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh - do you think I'd like A LITTLE WANTING SONG? I've seen it around a few times in the past year or so but have never actually checked it out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Madeleine- I... yes. I do, it's kind of like Jellicoe Road and The Sky is Everywhere (though I don't think the things you disliked about TSIE is present in this book). It's not like *exciting* but it's really good and I think you should give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am super excited about Anna Dressed In Blood, I'm part of a blog tour for the book so hopefully it'll come soonish! :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Check out my Third Sentence Thursday!
    What am I waiting on Wednesday for?
    Tweet Me!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*