Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday's Finest (42)


Friday's Finest by the very awesome Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

I've been gushing about this book lately (look out for a review soon)... actually, I've been gushing about a lot of books lately. So I've got lots of quotes saved up! Anyways, the writing in this book is phenomenal, and there's lyrics and stuff (think Where She Went) which makes it that much more special :)

Book: A Little Wanting Song
by Cath Crowley


Quote (Charlie)
It's when I'm around some people that my entire vocabulary goes on vacation. Like now, when Dave's walking next to me wearing an old black singlet and board shorts and the tattoo of a bird on his wrist, every single word in my head except "no" and "huh" is lying somewhere on a beach getting a suntan.

**

Le freaking sigh. LOVE. love love love. See what I mean by the prose? I'm a happy reader for sure.








author twitter / website

8 comments:

  1. I borrowed this from the library just last night. Can't wait to get into it -- your quote assures me that this one will be just as great as Graffiti Moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skye- it seems everyone liked GM more, but I haven't read it :( I really hope you like this, it's not very boisterous but it is AWESOMESAUCE :) YAY! Oh, and is this like.. book 120? xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this book or this author. That quote was amazing, though. I'm always looking for YA books with strong prose. And I can TOTALLY relate to this protag. I'm going to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote. your love for this book has me intrigued Audrey!! Can't wait for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book! <3
    While I loved that Graffiti Moon was about graffiti & a bit of urban exploration (some of my fave things ever), A Little Wanting Song still managed to stay my favorite out of the two. GM's really great though; a close second. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawwwww. Love that feeling.

    Dave must be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this quote is completely gorgeous <3

    (and wait until you read graffiti moon! O.o )

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*