Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday's Finest (41)


Hosted by the very awesome Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

Today's pick is from a series I unabashedly love :) Oh, and it shows why the author is a genius and why her characters are awesome :)

Sin met Mae and Alan coming into the flat.

Mae frowned. "Is it no-shirts festival day?"

"Every day with Nick is no-shirts festival day," Alan said absently, but he was frowning too.

"Actually," Alan said, earnest and clear-eyed, "this is my first time playing poker."

Nick and Alan Ryves. Infinite hearts.

Oh my gosh, there are so many quotes in this book, I wish I could just... quote it endlessly. The dialogue is witty and smart, and well, Sarah Rees Brennan is a fantastic author. She has her own brand of characters who I have deemed to be a "SRB Kick-Ass Heroine." Congrats! :P









my review of The Demon's Surrender (and there's more quotes there)
author twitter / website / livejournal

6 comments:

  1. ALAN!!!!!! Oh my, so many heart for the Ryves brothers. I love them to pieces. And I love these quotes ~ no shirt's festival day LOL!

    Every time I see that USA cover I want it. I might have to get it then it can sit next to the UK one and Alan and Sin can be together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is shirtless boys in this book! Why haven't I read this series yet *headdesk*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh...Am I seeing things or are there purple dots in my vision?

    LOL

    Look at this place! So neato. I'm loving the new header.

    Okay, forgot to tell you, but guess what I bought last week, The first book in this series and it was because of you... and the mention of shirtless guys. *blushes*

    Happy Friday, Audrey! *huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo! This one looks good! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahha, "no-shirts festival day"! That's awesome. and hot. This sounds like a fascinating series...I've never heard of it before!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL
    Awesome.
    And yah - I know I said it already but I reallly love your new look.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*