Thursday, July 14, 2011

Another Cover (7) ; shatter me

I'm sorry for adding to your reader-clogging of this cover but... yeah. I wanted to share it because this book has been hyped so much (which is a yay or nay?...) and I've read it so I've been itching to see what type of cover HarperCollins would be designing! Also, if you haven't heard of this book before, now you have! I bet you'll be seeing a LOT more of it :)

Title: Shatter Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Genre: Dystopian/Paranormal



Summary:

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old-girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


Shatter Me is released November 15, 2011.


Initially: Is this the upside-down picture of Demonglass?

Stop and Stare? Yeah... kind of. Not really in awe but more in a "whaaa?" manner.

Image: I don't like it. I mean the girl is pretty (but not how I imagined Juliette) and has the whole "I am a powerful woman" thing going on but I don't like it. I don't know why but the way her mouth is open bugs me. And I don't like the way her dress bunches. Or her pose. I think the effects in the background is really neat though.

Font: Hmm... yes. I do like it, but I don't love it. I like how it's not overdone (like Beautiful Chaos) and the strike-through thing going on is cool. I think the image commands a lot more attention than the font though, which sucks if you don't like the image.

Colours: A lot of black and white going on! Yes, yes, I understand it's the whole good vs. evil bit... I think it fits with the tagline-- speaking of which (yes, taglines are very interesting) I love the tagline! Or maybe I just like strike-throughs :p

Rating in HP Terms: Poor

Will I Read? Already have ;)
**

So.. what do YOU think of the cover?








add this book on Goodreads
author website / blog / twitter

17 comments:

  1. I am interested in the book. The cover however isn't Earth shattering or mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blurb but I agree with you the cover is slightly..meh.

    I've been seeing this one pop up everywhere today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, hadn't heard of it. Now I have. Thanks.

    Nope, don't like it at all. Could that dress be any more less flattering?

    Any why the crossed out line? Looks like a lazy photoshop design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tagline. the effects in the background.
    Hm...but I don't like the expression of her face. But the story seems very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Audrey! :) I saw the cover on another blog and was so disappointed. We've both read it so it's good to know I'm not alone on this one. First of all she looks older than Juliet and looks nothing like how I imagined her. The dress is horrible and it's just all wrong. I think this is one of those moments where the people obviously didn't read the book and didn't get the right feel for the cover, had they read it they wouldn't have given it this cover that's for sure. Sad huh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I'm not the only one not loving this one. I almost like it better coverless... But the blurb is still super interesting to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha, I just posted my opinion of this cover- glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't think this is as good as it should've been :|

    ReplyDelete
  8. the book sounds amazing but the cover is horrible
    and I can't believe I'm the only one to say this but the girl on the cover looks like she is a water sprinkler
    thats what I thought when I saw it

    ReplyDelete
  9. BAHAHAHA I love Kate's comment. She SO looks like a water sprinkler! And yeah. You already know my opinion. e_e

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really sick of girls in pretty dresses on covers... this book is so unique, they could've done so much more with the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I surprised myself - I love it! Honestly, I'm the one who usually hates that whole "girl in dress with title and color scheme" theme. I like more abstract covers without people on them, but somehow this one just caught my eye. And I love the strike-through!

    I hadn't seen the BEAUTIFUL CHAOS cover before, but I clicked the link, and I agree with you - the font's way too messy.

    -Madeleine

    P.S. I'm off to crowd people's readers with another post about this. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not a fan of the cover either. It looks like a model walking down the runaway in an awful wedding dress. But I still really want to read the book. We often get different covers in Aus so here is hoping we do with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this cover all but how the girl is looking at the camera! Lol l don't know why

    ReplyDelete
  14. i do not like this cover

    it is too tacky and totally blendable in the current YA paranormal market.

    this one is not my kind of book anyways (i strongly suspect)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cover is pretty but it doesn't work with the synopsis of the story at all if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*