Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (!!!!)

hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
**

I AM SO STOKED I CAN’T EVEN OMG. I had a small heart attack when I saw the cover on inkcrush (love that blog!).

Froi of the Exiles

by Melina Marchetta
Lumatere Chronicles #2 (sequel to Finnikin of the Rock)

Summary (source)

Three years after Lumatere is united, Froi has adopted the ways of his new homeland, dividing his days between rebuilding the kingdom and training with the Queen’s Guard. Until a mysterious man arrives with a promise that he can grant a young assassin access into the palace of Lumatere’s enemy: to kill the King of Charyn.

But once inside the secretive kingdom of stone, Froi is forced to protect the half mad Princess Quintana and her unborn child who will be the first babe born to Charyn in eighteen years. And in breaking his bond to his beloved Queen Isaboe and Finnikin, Froi may just be the one to bring peace between two kingdoms and find out the truth to his past.

Froi of the Exiles is released October 3, 2011 in Australia (omg I am such a jealous panda right now) by Penguin Australia.

**

EEEEP I CAN’T WAIT. Finnikin of the Rock is a simply gorgeous fantasy epic, so if you like that genre, don’t miss out :)

*flails*

And wow, what a cover. I just want to spin in circles-- MM does that to me.







this book on Goodreads
author website

PS- the cover is the Aussie cover, they'll probably have a different one for US/Canada. Also, I don't know if you can tell or not but I'm a bit of a HUGE Melina Marchetta fangirl ;)

13 comments:

  1. The cover is gorgeous! And I just found out it is the same model from that did Finnikin cover, Zach Ahern :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nic- My Book Boyfriend #19. Zach Ahern. SHIRTLESS. pretty please? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick this week! Melina Marchetta is a great writer so I am excited for this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! Amazing cover! I can't wait for this! Although I didn't really like Froi, Melina can do no wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jillian- YAY! =D

    Skye- I know, me neither! And I read somewhere on how it'll be about Froi and redemption-- which I love the idea of :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh God, that shadow on the model's back made me think he was HUNCHED OVER and I was like "WTfromage????" Phew. Thank goodness he wasn't actually the Hunchback of Notre Dame 2.0. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummmm... I've never read a novel by Melina Marchetta. Is this something I shouldn't be admitting? I hear a lot of praise for her novels but I've just never actually read one..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yahong- WTFROMAGE BAHAHAHA :P

    Liz- you break my heart </3 :( YES READ READ READ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Squeee!!!!! I was SO excited when I saw this on Nomes blog. I can not wait for it and I really hope they don;t make us wait until 2012 otherwise I may have to plan a holiday in Australia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the cover is a.mazing.

    it is the same model as the face on finnikin :)

    hope the US/canada gets a gorgeous cover too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, this book definitely looks interesting. I love the synopsis for it, totally looks like a book I could see myself falling in love with. Thanks so much, for sharing.

    Totally randomly following/possibly stalking your blog now. So awesome! ;)

    New Follower!
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apparently I need to start reading her books...! XD

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*