Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine =]
**

Following a rather spirited conversation about some main character named Cas and a boy closet stocked with food and TV, well, I guess I have a new book I'm dying to read! With, might I say.. one of the BEST titles this year, and an even better 'tagline'!

Anna Dressed in Blood
by Kendare Blake

Summary (goodreads)

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.

So did his father before him, until he was gruesomely murdered by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn't expect anything outside of the ordinary: track, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, now stained red and dripping with blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.

But she, for whatever reason, spares Cas's life.


**
I don't really read much horror or ghost stories, but this looks so wicked. And this is the tagline (which DUDE, should totally be on the cover!!):


Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story…


Anna Dressed in Blood is released August 30, 2011 from Tor Teen.








author twitter / livejournal / website -- with an awesome header xD
book trailer

15 comments:

  1. Have this one on my wish list too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my wish list as well. Great cover!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/www-3-and-waiting-on-wednesday-may-4th.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creepy...sounds good even if I will have to hide the book in the freezer when it gets to scary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooo excited for this book! It looks and sounds fantastic and the reviews so far have all been praising. Creeptastic, I WANT IT!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been dying for this one too!! August 30th seems WAY too far away for me! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this around but I've never read the synopsis until now and oh boy this sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for this one,I love ghost stories and this one has a very creepy name and cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - that tagline is great! I have this one on my wishlist as well. Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my WoW post here: http://bit.ly/lrnIGA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds so creepy but so awesome. Must get it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. WANT. BADLY. (All I can under in my lust spell.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh, hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds good! That combined with the creepy cover means that I'll be adding it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one holds a place of honor on my wishlist!! I can't wait---looks so creepy and that cover is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha intriguing! The tagline is so original! Love the cover too :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*