Tuesday, May 24, 2011

trailers, books & Soundtracks

Hopefully this post won’t take too long.. I’m currently taking a break from studying stupid physics :( Here are some interesting things I’ve found in the last little bit.

Teaser trailer: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi



~book trailers are hit and miss for me, and usually if they have people, they’re a miss. I am just saying (but there are lots of exceptions!) This one really embodies the name “teaser”, eh? Whatcha think?


FREE E-BOOKS! Sandra Brannan’s novel, In The Belly Of Jonah AND her second novel, Lot's Return To Sodom, will be FREE from Amazon the first week of June to celebrate her second novel’s release! It looks fantastic, don’t miss out!! ;)



Movie Soundtracks (Instrumental)

So hey, I love music of all sorts but one think that’s always been interesting to me were movie soundtracks*. I’ll admit, I’m a junkie for those big-name composers (Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Howard Shore, etc) and I love the role music plays in movies. It sets the atmosphere and the mood, it gets your heart racing and your adrenaline pumping. It can make you cry, make you scream, make you curl up into a ball waiting for the shark to jump out of the water…

I just thought I’d share a few that have been on my mind. I’m especially inclined to those ‘epic’-style soundtracks with lots of strings and lots of awesomeness. I hope you like!

Black Hawk Down (Hans Zimmer) [compilation]


Inception (Hans Zimmer) [the Dream is Collapsing]



Braveheart (James Horner) [Wallace Courts Murron]



~LOVE the Celtic flare to this one. I can’t dance, but it makes me want to… tap my toes.
**

Anyways, if you like these, maybe I’ll post about movie soundtracks again next time. Again, huge apologies for the lack of book posts this week, I’ve just been swamped.

Question of the Day: What are your favourite movie soundtracks? And what are your thoughts on book trailers? :)










*a fantastic non-instrumental soundtrack I adore is the one from Up in the Air. Also, the main song from Crazy Heart, and Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist rocks as well. Also, see this post.

9 comments:

  1. I love movie soundtracks
    and I like...some book trailers but I am very VERY very picky about them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it earlier today, love the trailer! First two soundtracks are my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Shatter Me trailer is really quite cool, I like the crossing-out-phrases effect. Not such a fan of the cliched tagline though, but oh well XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that teaser trailer. I agree trailers are better without people in them. I like to form my own picture of what the character looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God someone made a post about movie music! I love you I love you I love you I love you!

    My favorite composers:

    1. Hans Zimmer [Angels and Demons - Notably the song "160 BPM"]
    2. James Horner [Avatar and Titanic - Notably, respectfully "War" and "Hard to Starboard]
    3. Carter Burwell [Twilight - notably the song "Showdown in the Ballet Studio"]

    I kind of prefer video game soundtracks xD But it's all amazing, always

    Music is amazing, music creates everything in movies and it frustrates me no one sees it - this made my day!

    I DEFINITELY recommend the soundtrack of Angels and Demons! I bought one song, and within an hour I got the whole soundtrack and now most of the songs are on my top 25 most played on iTunes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah and 503 by Hans Zimmer, see my username for details. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the A Walk to Remember soundtrack. And the New Moon one.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*