Thursday, May 19, 2011

Award Winning Reads Challenge

Hey lovelies! I signed up for another challenge, because it's a great idea! You might know i've been doing my own personal 2010 Printz Challenge (4 for 5 so far!) but this is kind of 'official' so I'm like, why not? I love trying these books with shiny stickers on them to see just how good they are.




Award Winning Reads Challenge


Hosted by Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing and The Reading Housewives.




button1


Rules:
The challenge will run from Memorial Day to Labor Day- May 30th until September 5th.

There will be 4 levels of participation-

Level 1- Underachiever: Read 3 books

Level 2- Nerd: Read 6 books (My goal!)

Level 3- Brainiac: Read 9 books

Level 4- Teacher's Pet: Read 12 books

No matter which level you chose to participate in, you must read at least one book from each of the award lists. You can focus primarily on one or the other, but there must be at least one Printz honor/award and one Newbery honor/award.

**

If you're interested, click HERE to sign up! Plus, there will be giveaways and all that jazz. I'm just l iking the idea of a challenge :) Thank you Ashley and Jacinda for hosting! If you're interested, three of my absolute favourite YA books, Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta, Speak by Laurie Halse Anderston and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak are Printz books :) You should read them.

I definitely want to try to read:The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
Revolver (only 2010 Printz I haven't read)
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Tender Morsels
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly (Ohmigosh, want to read this so bad!)



My Official Book List (TBD):
1. The Disreputable History o f Frankie Landau-Banks by E.Lockhart
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.


8 comments:

  1. I've never found a Printz book that I haven't loved! I just finished reading the 2010 ones (Vera's my favourite!).

    I'm also really excited to see what you think of Disreputable History. Frankie is probably my favourite character ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skye- Ooh, how was Revolver? I agree, so far Vera is my favorite too! I can't wait to meet Frankie, I've heard sooo many awesome things about her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to sign up for this challenge. There is quite a few that I haven't read including Speak!

    Good luck on the challenge Audrey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't this the best challenge idea ever! I'm definitely in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you've signed up! And thanks for spreading the word! :) I'm excited to have you participate with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quite enjoyed The Northern Light. I think it was slow at times but definitely worth it. Oh and I have always wanted to read The Graveyard Book, so much praise for it! Happy reading love :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally need to do this! I've already got THE NORTHERN LIGHT sitting expectntly on my bookshelf. We should read it at the same time so we can jabber about it over twitter. ;)

    I've loved almost every Printz book I've read, so that's a good sign. I can't remember all the Newberry's I've read, but I know I wasn't a huge fan of THE GIVER or JACOB HAVE I LOVED... We'll see. :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go you! I *might* join this one, but I am a failure at challenges, sigh. On your list, I read The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau and A Northern Light in 8th and 9th grade respectively. I vaguely remember thinking DHFL was interesting and fun, and a Northern Light was loooong but with beautiful development. Like Revolution, actually, but better, possibly because it spans much more time. Anyways, good luck and hope you enjoy! :D

    ... Now that I think about it, I REALLY need to read Jellicoe Road and The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*