Wednesday, April 13, 2011

movies In My brain: Couple 'em! (bonus entry!)

movies In My brain is a week-long movie event where all book-related posts are put on hold and movies reign supreme! It runs from April 10 to 16, and click here to find more movie posts and learn how to participate.
**


We're halfway through the week! I hope you have enjoyed movies In My brain so far :) I know I am! Well, I realized last night that there's a lot of stuff that is just my thoughts, my ideas, my etc.. and I'm like uhm... hello? Definitely not all about me! So I'm thinking up ideas and I'm daydreaming of Andrew Garfield and BOOM! It clicked.

Basically, this is just a fun post where you give YOUR opinion on movies.. more specifically movie characters. I will be counting every valid comment to THIS post as 2 Points (Couple 'Em. Get it? I love punny titles.) for the $15 Book Depository Giveaway. One entry per person, plus it's SO easy, so whatcha waiting for?


Rules:

Leave a comment telling me your favourite couple from a movie. That's right. Any movie. Any two characters (even if they don't end up as a couple in the movie, but you think they would fit awesomely together). And no, you can't name to-be-released movie characters (oh, you poor Katniss/Peeta fans)

Example:

Jack and Rose from Titanic

or

Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt.. love him) and Summer (Zooey Deschanel... love her) from (500) Days of Summer (love that movie)


So.. have at it! I want to know your favourite on-screen couples (because I'm a closet romantic schmuck.. shh, don't tell xD)!

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE 500 Days of Summer!!!!!! Even if the ending is not so happy... First couple I did think of is Noah and Allie from the Notebook. (I think that's their names?) I also love the couple in Atonement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, have to disagree on the 500 Days of Summer love... I just didn't like Summer's character. Literally, the first one I thought of was Bella and Edward (nooooo). But as for the first good one that pops up, can I say Flynn and Rapunzel from Tangled? They're animated characters, but sooo cute. <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cialina- OMG the notebook! LOVE that movie, such an awesome choice!

    Jenn- haha, I've always liked the Manic Pixie Dream Girls xD But omg Flynn and Rapunzel.. TOTALLY agree, way too cute! That whole movie had me smiling =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first response is Fred and Ginger in any of their films but I think you want a more specific one so Peter Petrov and Linda Keene from Shall We Dance which features them dancing on roller skates (!) and the beautiful song "They Can't Take That Away From Me."

    I also really love Marguerite (Greta Garbo) and Armand from Camille, when I need a good cry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. han solo and princess leia

    mate, han solo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first one I thought of was also Noah and Ally from the notebook! I even have pictures of them stuck up in my cubicle at work, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm this is hard.

    Melaine and Jake from Sweet Home Alabama or aussie film would be Alex and Jimmy from Two Hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Han Solo and Princess Lea ftw! (That movie's been stuck in my head all day cause we watched clips of it in my religious studies class)

    Also, Buffy and Pike from the BtVS movie and Bender and Claire from the Breakfast Club.

    And just because I'm a TV crazed lunatic, I'm also gonna throw in Jim and Pam (office), Lily and Marshel (himym), The Docter and Rose (dr who), and Jordan and Dr. Cox (scrubs)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would say Rose and Jack from the Titanic.

    thegirlonfire27 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Either Rick Blaine and Ilsa Lund from Casablanca or Patrick Verona and Kat Stratford from 10 Things I Hate About You. Close third goes to Buffy/Spike.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh don't get me started on how much I love 500 Days of Summer.
    YA Yeah Yeah: So agree on the Patrick and Kat coupling in 10 Things I Hate About You. :)

    Hmmm...going back to my childhood, I love the couple of Mulan and Shang in 'Mulan'. I guess it's because they're not like 'Oh my god. I love you!' all the time, a bit more like a real relationship would be like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poneyboy and cherry from the outsiders
    sandy and danny from grease
    simba and nala from lion king
    beauty and the beast from Disney's beauty and the beast

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love couples in movies like in books the romance between couples is what gets me hooked. My fave couple from a movie is hard.. I do love Jack and Rose from Titanic as you said, I still cry every time Jack dies. I do love John and Sarah and I am number 4 they are my new fave movie couple!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Titanic :)

    Great movie posts!

    And thank you so much for stopping by and your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man, I have to think! LOL. Okayokay. First of all, I'd say Jack and Rose from Titanic too! My friend and I joke about Leo's accent-sort-of. He pronounciates "Rose" ever so clearly. So we'd say "ROOOOOOOOOSE" everytime Titanic comes up in our conversations. LOL. Anyway.

    I love Zooey Deschanel tons. And I do love Joseph Gordon-Levitt tons as well. I dont know if I loved Tom and Summer together though. but i absoultely adored the movieee!!

    Hmmm, oh my gosh, who else. OH! Dear John! I forget the names :$ But Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried look good together. I loved that movie. I bawled like a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First couple that comes to mind is Amelie & Nino from Amelie, a quirky French romance film. It's so adorable how Amelie returns his beloved photo album, and how they finally meet. You should really watch it! Now i want to watch it again...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I must say that "500 days of summer" is great romantic movie of Joseph Gordon, Clark Gregg and Nadine Ellis. Well directed film of Marc Webb. I am hearty attached with this film..If you love romantic movies, then must go for it.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*