Sunday, April 10, 2011

movies In My brain: Coming Soon! (my take)

movies In My brain is a week-long movie event where all book-related posts are put on hold and movies reign supreme! It runs from April 10 to 16, and click here to find more movie posts and learn how to participate.
**


Earlier today,Megan posted about her much-anticipated 2011 movies, and she named so many awesome ones that I think we are all waiting for. This will just be my list of movies that I'm looking forward to, or ones I think people should be aware of :P

Prom

Released: April 29, 2011



I feel obliged to mention this movie because I’ll be graduating this June and I just want to let ya’ll know that it is not this intense. Getting/not getting a prom date, not a big deal. I’m eyebrow raising to the extreme here… And while this movie has cheesy and predictable down pat, with awkward, equally predictable humour, who knows? Maybe it’ll surprise you (it probably won’ though—wow I’m really Debbie Downer today). If it doesn’t have originality, I just hope it’s cute.

--

Thor


Released: May 6, 2011



Thought I'm not much of a comic book reader, and have no idea of the backstory for this, Thor looks pretty freaking awesome! Without something to compare it to, I think (hope) it'll be a great blend of action and plot... so yeah. And the trailer totally rocks, I hope it won't let me down!

--

X-Men: First Class

Released: June 3, 2011



Hehe another X-men movie! I don’t think I’ll get tired of these soon, I don’t expect anything spectacular, I just hope to be entertained. They’ve done a pretty cool job so far, I think. It’s a prequel set in 1963 about Charles Xavier, if that means anything to you ;)

--

The Green Lantern

Released: June 17, 2011



Hullo, Ryan Reynolds. Another movie based on a comic, this one has the potential to be cheesy-predictable, but I have a feeling it won’t. I mean, this trailer is not making me cringe at all! :P As long as the acting doesn’t come off as stale, I think this has the special effects and interesting plot to keep it afloat. It also has Ryan Reynolds.

--

Crazy, Stupid, Love

Released: July 29, 2011



It has the dream cast, like seriously: Ryan Gosling, Steve Carell, Julianne Moore and Emma Stone! While this will probably be the hyped up summer rom-com release, I still think it’ll be awesome. And funny. And heartwarming (am I asking for too much?). I can’t really describe it but if you watch the trailer, I hope you agree (esp when the last 10 seconds are too cool for school).

**

Alrighty, I hope after this week, you will be MUCH more informed on which movies are coming out! Seriously, start writing a list, because it looks like 2011 will be an amazing year for movies. Don't forget to comment to be entered to win a $15 GC!

8 comments:

  1. You forgot Captain America. That & Green Lantern are the ones I'm looking forward to seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo...I hadn't heard of Crazy, Stupid, Love before, but it looks like a movie I will like!

    Thank you for sharing!

    Erin @ Quitting My Day Job

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to all of these movies too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. crazy stupid love looks awesome. ahh, ryan gosling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am romantic fool so I am super excited about Prom. I hope it comes out over here and is more sweet than cheesy.

    Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing X Men: First Class:) There's this new movie out with Jake Gyllenhal (sp?) Source Code, the trailer looked good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo 'Prom' looks interesting.
    Me too! I'm leaving in 5 weeks and then I have my BIG exams. My Prom is in July and as I live in England, it's not a huge big fancy affair but all the girls at the moment (including me) are like 'AHH WHAT DRESS DO I GET? IT BETTER NOT BE THE SAME AS SOMEONE ELSE'S!'
    Me too. I've lived with these boys for 5 years...I think I can handle a night without being confided to one the whole night. Urgh boys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Prom looks so cute!
    Definitely putting it on my to-see list!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*