Saturday, April 16, 2011

movies In My brain: Animation Rules!

movies In My brain is a week-long movie event where all book-related posts are put on hold and movies reign supreme! It runs from April 10 to 16, and click here to find more movie posts and learn how to participate.
**


Today is gonna have a surge of posts, I think :P Well, as we're nearing the end of movie week, I thought I'd include something really fun... animated movies!

So prior to 2010, I really didn’t watch animated movies. They just weren’t cool (I'm serious, that was my reasoning)! But honestly, I think they’ve totally grown on me and I’ve watched more and more and really enjoyed the majority of them. While you might throw stuff at me for not yet watching Up (I will! Soon!), these are some awesome 2010 Animated Features.



Tangled
-I watched this recently and you’re wondering, is it worth watching? Yes! It’s not amazing, but I thought it was really cute, funny, and just lovable :) Perfect ingredients, don’t you think? Plus, the trailer is so awesome... here comes the smolder ;)




Toy Story 3
-Awww. I reviewed this already but still wanted to mention it, it’s surprising how emotional it is and it’s like a perfect end to the series. I'd be surprised if you didn't tear up just a little bit.




How to Train Your Dragon
-Dude, I love this movie. It’s up there with my favourites because it’s heartfelt and entertaining with a perfect blend of wit and humour. It teaches a lesson (don’t just a book by its cover!) but does so with great style, effects, and backed up by a very strong storyline. Overall, it’s awesome.




Despicable Me
-Ca-yooooooot. I think this one’s plot isn’t as awesome as How to Train Your Dragon, it is much, much cuter. Seriously. Like I want to fall over because of the overwhelming adorable-ness of it all. Awhhhhhh. IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIEEEE!




What are YOUR favourite animated movies? Pixar or Disney? Classics? Let me know in the comments, you'll be entered in the mIMb giveaway!


9 comments:

  1. I LOVE TOY STORY 3. The Best one and so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude I haven't watched any of these! So sad! I've been meaning to watch Tangled & Toy Story 3 for so long, but I haven't got the chance to. Maybe I'll just get the DVDs. Despicable Me does look so cute. The little girl with the puffy cheeks? Awww! And How to Train Your Dragon I wasn't really, uh, planning on seeing. But when the day comes, I'll give it a try. :)

    OH MY GOSH MY FAVOURITE IS MONSTERS INC! Little Boo?!?!?! SHES SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I love Disney. The smolder just makes me laugh so hard!! Tangled and Toy Story 3 are amazing. I've heard How To Train Your Dragon is really good too, so am excited to see that one. SO glad you includeed this animation feature! <3 <3 <3

    PS: I can't BELIEVE you didn't watch animated movies before 2010. Audrey, honestly. *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched Tangled a week or so ago. It was so cute, I want to pinch its cheeks <3 I also watched Despicable Me and promptly fainted from cuteness overload. xD

    I still haven't watched any of the Toy Story movies... *coughs nervously* I'm planning on seeing them and HtTYD though. (I'm a huge fan of animated movies :P)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved toy story three I also enjoyed the garduians of gahool as well

    however if we are talking my Favorite of all time animated movies that would be the great mouse detective, spirited away, tarzan, beauty and the beast,and happy feet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my I just realised I dont watch hardly any adminated movies. I did want to see UP when it was in the cinema but never got around to it, I might have to grab the DVD. I do perfer disney animated movies espeically the old ones I used to love watching them when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE animation! Seriously - my blog name is based on a Disney character (Belle, obviously - the bookish princess). I love the classic Disney movies (The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and The Lion King are faves). But there has also been a lot of great animation recently - Up being one of them (you MUST watch it - with tissues), as well as Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Despicable Me and Toy Story 3 (I cried so much in that). Tangled was another fave, because it was reminiscent of the classic Disney films that I adore.
    I haven't seen How to Train Your Dragon yet, I really want to though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely want to see Tangled! Other favourite animated movies of mine - Toy Stories are all very good, Up is awesome, love Beauty and the Beast but think the Princess and the Frog is probably my favourite "traditional-style" Disney - great characters and fantastic music.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only one I haven't seen in this list is How to Train Your Dragon. I love all the others though.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*