Sunday, April 10, 2011

Guest Post: Top Five 2011 Movies

movies In My brain is a week-long movie event where all book-related posts are put on hold and movies reign supreme! It runs from April 10 to 16, and click here to find more movie posts and learn how to participate.
**


What better ways to kick off mIMb than having a post about movies to look forward to this year? Today, Megan from Reading Away the Days is talking about 2011 movies! Welcome, Megan!

**

2010 was a year for great movies. Can 2011 be even better? In my opinion yes it can! I love movies give me action adventure, drama or a good comedy and am happy. And this year is jam packed with an array of awesome movies for everyone! So here is my top 5 2011 movies!
--

Water for Elephants

Release date: April 22nd (USA), May 4th (UK)




Water for elephants
is a drama movie based on Sara Gruen’s bestselling Depression-era circus novel of the same name. Directed by Francis Lawrence it stars some amazing actors including Robert Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon and Christoph Waltz. This movie already has the world of film buzzing with some saying it could make the Oscars listing for 2012. The drama is played out though the thoughts of a 90 year old man reminiscing about his life during the depression, were he worked in a circus caring for the animals. There he learns the brutality of circus life while falling in love with a married woman.

--

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Release date: May 20th (Worldwide)



Pirates of the Caribbean
splashes onto our screens with its fourth instalment. The action/adventure sequel returns with Captain Jack Sparrow (played by the talented Johnny Depp) once again on a quest for lost treasure. In his quest he is joined by Angelica a woman from his past (played by the beautiful Penelope Cruz) who forces and uses him in the quest to find the Fountain of Youth. Expect action/adventure and some laughs when Johnny Depp reprises his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in May!

--
 
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon

Release date: July 1st (UK &USA)

Transformers returns with it’s third instalment of the highly popular franchise. I have to admit I LOVE the Transformers movies! Again it is directed the amazingly talented (and one of my favourite directors) Michael Bay. Shia LaBeouf again reprises his role as Sam Witwicky. This time the Autobots must race against the Decepticons to get to a discovered Cybertronian spacecraft hidden on the Moon. Upcoming actress Rosie Huntington Whitely plays Carly.

--

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 2)

Release date: July 15th (UK/USA)



*shedding a tear*
Yes everyone, the final adventure for Harry, Ron and Hermione comes to an end in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow (Part 2) This will be a sad ending of an era for many people. Will Harry finally beat the evil wizard that is Voldemort? Who will survive the battle and who will die? Everyone must head out to the cinema in July with wands in hand and help Harry in his final adventure, to kill He Who Must Not Be Named!

-- 

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn part one

Release date: November 16th (USA), November 18th (UK)

For the aliens among us and non-twilight fans (though I expect even non- twilight fans know this) The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part one is out on the big screen near the end of this year. And I for one am so excited! Being a Twilight fan am very excited for the release of this movie and also because it is my favourite movie of the series. Directed by the talented Bill Condon, the love triangle of Bella, Edward and Jacob returns with some amazing storylines. A wedding, a baby, love stories and a showdown with vampires what more can you want from a movie! Possibly more of Taylor Launter shirtless! *hehe*

**


Oh gosh, I will be shedding more than a tear at the conclusion of Harry Potter! I seriously can't wait for these movies, thank you so much for the post! And guys, don't forget to check out her blog. Leave a comment telling me what 2011 movie you can't wait for and be entered in the giveaway!

15 comments:

  1. I have to admit I'm kind of excited for Water for Elephants, even though I'm not much of a Robert Pattinson fan. Transformers never really grabbed me, unfortunately. All the others I practically jump up and down for whenever they're mentioned.

    I'll be bawling right along with you at the end of Harry Potter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HARRY POTTER! *sniff* I need to watch #5, #6 and #7a pronto. But bleaugh, sorry, I just have to go vomit over the double RPattz. Gross. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  3. HARRY...POTTER...JACK SPARROW...Can't wait for them!!!! XD



    *~` http://rockielove.blogspot.com/ `~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really can't wait to see the new Harry potter & Pirates movies! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a second, I thought all of these had already come out and that I was a disgrace to all movie-watchers, lol. Whew. But anyways, I have yet to watch #7a of HP as well, though I hope to. And woah, I wasn't aware of an outer-space Transformers 3 but I may watch that -- just because it's tradition, you know. I actually watched Trans#2 at China, haha, with English subtitles. Fun times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harry freaking potter! Is all I have to say NOM NOM :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, no, Harry, don't go, don't leave me!!! :(( LOL
    I really missed Jack Sparrow, I can't wait to see that dirty pirate in the big screen again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO excited for Water for Elephants! And also for Harry Potter (though it'll be really sad that the series is over). I was feeling a bit "meh" about Breaking Dawn - my Twilight fever has definitely cooled off of late - but after seeing the leaked still, ZOMG I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've read water for elephants and enjoyed it (but didn;t love it) i think i'll wait for the dvd :)

    love this list :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to the final Potter movie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really can't wait to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 2)and Water for Elephants, I have read the book and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited for Harry Potter number one! BUT it doesn't come out to redbox until May 10! Grrr. Oh well, I nknow what happens. ;)
    Mrs. Kjovus
    kjovus(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*