Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Guest Post: Memorable Actors

movies In My brain is a week-long movie event where all book-related posts are put on hold and movies reign supreme! It runs from April 10 to 16, and click here to find more movie posts and learn how to participate.
**



Today, I'm so excited to welcome the very sweet, very awesome Aly from Fantasy4Eva! Of course, she wrote a guest post that is just so her, and I just love it! I hope you do too!


**

I’ll be talking about something different from previous guest posts (merely assuming of course) Since this is something I am quite passionate about, and since it’s completely movie related I thought it made sense to share it with you all in this post. If you are familiar with my blog then you will already have a bit of a hint of what I am talking about.

So, I love actors and movies from the early and mid 90's and I have no idea why. Okay, so maybe that's not entirely true; they were glamorous, beautiful, charming, mysterious, secretive and classy. A lot of that doesn’t exist nowadays so it seems almost like a fairytale when I think of those times.

Nowadays there is hardly anything to say about today’s actors. They go on and on about their personal lives, sell stories about themselves for money and have no care whatsoever. Yet looking back at that period of time there are so many actors who are loved and admired even today!

So let's talk about actors that left quite the impression shall we?

Take some of my favourites; (Top three)


James Dean; Mysterious, rebellious, shy and reserved. He got on with few, and wasn’t afraid *as they say* to piss a few people of if they got on his nerves. Claimed by others to be on the verge of obsessive towards his Idol Marlon Brandon it is strange now how so many years later, he may just be emulated more than his predecessor. We know nothing of him really apart from the fact that he lost his mother at an early age, and didn't have the best of a relationship with his father. Later on, it was discovered that he was dyslexic. Something that only very few knew of. He wore his glasses at all times once of-set and instead of approaching others he liked to observe people from afar.




Marlon Brando; Known for being a womanizer, his amazing acting skills and sheer beauty quickly labeled him as one of the best of his time, and even now is rated highly if - not the best actor that ever lived. It's said that his mother never paid him much attention, and was an alcoholic. He hated acting with a passion and that’s maybe because he would act as a child to get his mothers attention. It must have been quite haunting. To do the one thing as a living that reminded you of one the worst times of your life.




Marilyn Monroe; She raked up quite the reputation in her career; Hard to work with, naive, sexy as well as beautiful. She was the number one pin up girl, the women all women wanted to be, and the woman men wanted to be with. Her almost childlike personality only drew men to her. She battled insomnia all her life and it was this that took her life in the end. Celebrated like those mentioned above more-so after her death than perhaps during the time they were alive has made them all legends.

--


There is something about this era which just completely entrances me. Men always wore suits, talked with charm and care. Women quite lady-like and proper (at least in public :D) I have always grown up being familiar with the actors of this ea through hearing of them from my father as a little girl. It wasn’t until a year or so ago though that I decided that it was high time I started watching their movies too which only heightened my love for the movies and the actors of that time.

I’m not one of those who strictly sticks with certain movies because of the love I have for that specific cinema. I love a bit of everything. I can appreciate a romance, tearjerker, action, adventure and classic movie all for what they are and for different reasons. Having a certain passion for one thing in particular doesn’t hinder me liking something else which I think is incredibly important.



With saying that, before I leave I’ll be mentioning my top 5 movies of all time!

Hope I didn’t bore you all too much with my rambling. Thanks for having me Audrey! =)


**

And thank you for the post! Lovely readers, don't forget to check out her wonderful blog. Gahh, I wish there were boys like that in high school, I'd love me some suave, classy gents ;) Who are YOUR favourite actors or actresses from the non-21st century?? (Quick, someone name Audrey Hepburn! hehe) Leave a comment to be entered in the mIMb contest :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Titanic.
    I know what happens yet I STILL feel sad about happens in the end. Probably the fact it was a true story.
    And in my obsessive Historical fashion, here are some facts I've learnt over the last few years:
    - The guy who gets the distress signals had fallen asleep so therefore never got the SOS from the Titanic
    - There was a boat in the area that realised they were in trouble but didn't stop because they were illegally sailing
    - If the Titanic had hit the iceberg head on, the ship wouldn't have sunk.

    Anyway. Some fun facts for you guys. It makes me feel sad thinking something could have stopped it :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say the late Patrick Swayze. I loved him in Dirty Dancing it is one of my fave movies of all time. When I see him in any of his other movies I always think of him as Johnny :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*