Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday's Finest (38)

Friday's Finest is a meme hosted by Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

I haven’t read enough books lately, so this quote will be an old favourite from one of the best books of 2010. There are poems of Lennie’s scattered throughout the book and they were definitely some of my favourite parts. Also, this book is amazing.

Book: The Sky is Everywhere
by Jandy Nelson

Quote:
There were once two sisters
who were not afriad of the dark
because the dark was full of the other's voice
across the room,
because even when the night was thick
and starless
they walked home together from the river
seeing who could last the longest
without turning on her flashlight,
not afraid
because sometimes in the pitch of night
they'd lie on their backs
in the middle of the path
and look up until the stars came back
and when they did,
they'd reach their arms up to touch them
and did.


Le sigh. So, so lovely. I bought myself a copy of this book (finally) and I’m so glad I can now reread it whenever I want :)

Have a great Friday!







this book on Goodreads
my review :)

12 comments:

  1. I... didn't like this book... XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORED this book. I haven't had the chance to buy myself a copy yet, but it's definitely on my "to buy" list.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm never heard of this book but that poetry is gorgeous! I should give this a read sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover of this book is beautiful, and beckons for me to read it!



    clarkmurdock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah, I LOVED this book. I have the UK hardcover version which has all the pretty pictures in COLOR. One of my most treasured books, hehe. Just thinking about The Sky is Everywhere gives me warm fuzzies. :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Le sigh!

    I love this book too. I think I need to re-read :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too on the hardback front. Well it's sort of a hardback but it has all the colour pictures. I'm going to pass it on to Liz R when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adore this book and the quote. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought this book! Glad to know it's good. What a great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOSH LOL. I didn't even know you featured this book as your FF! (I'm so terrible lol. I only got to check all the Friday Finests today). I love the cover, bahhh it's so pretty. And wow, by the sound of this I think I've made up my mind. I will definitely read this book first! :D

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*