Monday, April 18, 2011

book Catch-up

Hello lovelies! Aaaand we're back. Whew, that was quite a week (if you don't know what I'm talking about... I'm sad), and we're back to books! There's been some great book-stuff last week I'd love to share.

First... have you seen the trailer for ENCLAVE by Ann Aguirre?? Eeek, it's pretty sick!! I love the fact that it looks so much like a movie trailer. And it's scary-ish.



Also guys... it has over 172,000 views. I think you should see it. Seriously.


**

Second, Daniel A. Cohen, author of The Ancillary's Mark has a new book deal, congrats! Here is the cover of Book #1, MASTERS OF THE VEIL!



Summary:

Life can’t get much better for Sam Lock. Popular, good-looking, and with a future as a professional football player… every guy at Stanton High School wishes he were Sam. That is, until his championship football game, when Sam accidentally links with an ancient source of energy known as the Veil and reveals his potential to become a powerful sorcerer.

Sam’s dreams are crushed as he is whisked off to Atlas Crown, a community of sorcerers who utilize the Veil as a part of everyday life. Once there, he trains beside a mute boy who speaks through music, an eternal sage who is the eyes and ears of the Veil, and a beautiful girl who's pretty sure Sam's an idiot.

As it becomes clear that Sam is meant for power magic—the most feared and misunderstood form of sorcery—people beyond Atlas Crown learn of his dangerous potential. An exiled group of power sorcerers are eager to recruit Sam, believing that he is destined to help them achieve their long-held goal. If they succeed, they could bring about the downfall of not only Atlas Crown… but all of humankind.

Masters of the Veil is released March 1, 2012 from Spencer Hill Press.

**

There was also the release by an author who writes supernatural books I enjoy! If you've read the Darkest Powers series, you will probably love this.

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong was released April 12!


**

Lastly, before I can let go of movie week, I have a fun picture for you, because this movie rocks. It doesn't even matter that it was made over 20 years ago.



... Alex Pettyfer... WHO?
This movie is called The Princess Bride, and I loved it! It's, as we high schoolers like to say, sew funny xD

8 comments:

  1. LOL at the picture of Westley. He was a cutie back then.

    I really need to read The Gathering. I love The Darkest Powers series :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 Princess Bride! Have you ever read it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assssssss Yoooooooooooou Wiiiiiiiiiiiish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahah, I knew that fine face looked familiar. The Princess Bride is an awesome movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sigh.

    even my kids love this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Alex Pettyfer who?" Ha ha ha! My thoughts exactly!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*