Saturday, April 30, 2011

April, lookin' back

Aaaand, another month has passed. A month and a half until I graduate from high school :/ I won't dump my stress on ya'll, I'll just leave you with lots of links today! This was another month where I didn't get to read as many books as I hoped.. but what can you do. I'm not going to make reading a chore.

this is April in Review at holes In My brain

Book Reviews (7)

Wither by Lauren DeStefano

Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King

The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Random by Lesley Choyce


Thoughts

It was a pretty decent reading month, I did read a few other books that I haven't reviewed yet. As a whole, I think most books I read were pretty enjoyable, and I'm having a tough time picking a "book of the month"!

Book of the Month

Where She Went by Gayle Forman (9.3/10). I debated whether I would have ARCs for future months be BotM, but I decided, Book fo the Month is only for book I reviewed that month. Easily, I adored Where She Went to bits. Read my review :)


Honourable Mentions
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro left me breathless...
Please Ignore Vera Dietz by AS King is definitely one of my favourites as well, both of these books are stand-outs and hugely recommended!

Also this month, I...
*
Hosted movies In My brain! This post will have pretty much all the details, it was tons of fun! Lots of movie things... yay!

*
Did a VLOG for In My Mailbox.. if you're interested to see what type of alien person I look like.
*
Interviewed Gayle Forman, author of Where She Went! Perhaps the highlight of my blogging career, I'm not even kidding. It's like one of those crazy things that you never imagine will happen, then it does.
*
Interviewed Carol Lynch Williams, author of Miles from Ordinary. I am liking this author interview thing, it is fun.
*
Posted about books I wish I could rename. I like lists.
*
Also posted about female characters I'd name my daughter after.
*
Another Cover featuring Prized by Caragh M. O'Brien
*
Another Cover featuring The Death Cure by James Dashner
*
Started having polls on my blog -- see right sidebar :)
*


Parting Thoughts
I think I was happy with what happened this month, sure, I did a bit of scrambling for mIMb, but it turned out all right :) Thanks again to all the people who guest posted!! I also read some great books (reviews to come!) which I'm so excited for. I think May will be a fantasic reading month as well.. I mean look at all the new releases!

Looking Ahead
It's May... oh god. I have so much school stuff, so if there's days where I don't blog.. I'm sorry :( I have a feeling I might go on a mini-hiatus, either in May or June to catch up on school without any blogging distractions. Unfortunately, this probably means I won't read as many books either! As always, I will try my best though. I hope you guys are less stressed out than I am!

4 comments:

  1. When's your birthday, girl?? Also, I LOVE your author interviews, they're so thoughtful and pertinent to the books! Do more, okay?

    And I'm totally going to have to join you in that blog hiatus... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooo don't leave me! *cries* It's been a good month I have to say, and it's been even better spending it right alongside you chick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read If I Stay and looking at your review of Where She Went makes me want to drop everything and read If I Stay so I could read that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a fun month here on your blog. I loved Movies in my brain and the character names post was awesome!

    WSW was my fav book of the month too! :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*