Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.
**

PEOPLE! This is an exciting post!!! I'm featuring one of the to-be-sickest-and-most-awesomest books of 2011.... DUN DUN DUNNNNN...

A Monster Calls
by Patrick Ness (!)
based on the finaly idea of the late Siobhan Dowd

Summary

The monster showed up just after midnight. As they do. But it isn’t the monster Conor's been expecting. He's been expecting the one from his nightmare, the one he's had nearly every night since his mother started her treatments, the one with the darkness and the wind and the screaming... The monster in his back garden, though, this monster is something different. Something ancient, something wild. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor. It wants the truth.

**
Patrick Ness is a writing GOD, I would read anything he writes. And if you haven't read his Chaos Walking trilogy, you are seriously missing out. I'm sure like his trilogy, A Monster Calls will mess with your mind, which is freaking awesome :)

Okay, I can honestly barely contain my excitement!! Aghh!!! Put this on your wishlist people!!

A Monster Calls is released May 2, 2011 by Candlewick (in the UK) and September in North America







this book on Goodreads!
author website

14 comments:

  1. Patrick Ness! I haven't heard about this book before! This one sounds so awesome!!
    Thank you for visiting my blog. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that Ness is a "writing God" and while this is the first I have seen of this book I will be anxiously awaiting it too. Thanks for turning me on to this title. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, you are massively excited about this one. I have the first two in the Chaos Walking trilogy maybe I should dig them out.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! I have not seen this book before but now that I have... This is going straight on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa that synopsis is intriguing, I am very curious about this one now and that cover is chilling. Will be adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like I am missing out on the awesome-ness that is Patrick Ness! Will need to catch up on his books soon. Will look for the Chaos Walking trilogy and for your review of A Monster Calls. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ZOMG! The plot sounds creepitastic! I haven't heard of Patrick Ness. I'll definitely check on him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, this is released on my birthday! :)
    More importantly, I've never heard of this guy. Off onto my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sadly I haven't heard of Patrick Ness but this book sounds really good though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am absolutely fascinated by this novel and by Patrick Ness. Check out that cover! O_O

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, sounds great! Another book to add to my list! Happy Reading! Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Creepy cool pick.
    I love the old fashioned Gothic feel of the cover.

    Here is my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh this sounds super good! And creepy! I actually have a copy of The Knife of Never Letting Go here, but I haven't read it yet. Methinks I need to move a Patrick Ness novel up high on my tbr list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this one looks really creepy! Definitely will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*