Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

This is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!
**

This week's pick was found on The Story Siren's IMM, she mentioned that it was recommneded to fans of If I Stay by Gayle Forman (which if don't know yet, I'm a HUGE fan) and Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. So... of course I clicked the Goodreads link and read the summary and now I'm totally dying to read it! I'm just hoping my expectations aren't too high!

The Beginning of After
by Jennifer Castle

Summary:

Sixteen-year-old Laurel's world changes instantly when her parents and brother are killed in a terrible car accident. Behind the wheel is the father of her bad-boy neighbor, David Kaufman, whose mother is also killed. In the aftermath of the tragedy, Laurel navigates a new world in which she and her best friend grow apart, boys may or may not be approaching her out of pity, overpowering memories lurk everywhere, and Mr. Kaufman is comatose but still very much alive. Through it all, there is David, who swoops in and out of Laurel's life and to whom she finds herself attracted against her better judgment. She will forever be connected to him by their mutual loss, a connection that will change them both in unexpected ways.

**

Dayummmm, bad boy neighbour? Tragedy? Man, it looks excellent. Plus, if you don't know this, I'm also a sucker for grief books, I feed off them in a very unnatural style. So yup, this seems like the flavourings of a very good book (minus a questionable title).

The Beginning of After is released September 6, 2011 from HarperTeen.







this book on Goodreads, add it to your wishlist!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds great, sometimes you just need a good old contemporary novel to break up the paranormal reads :) Great pick!

    Check out my WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new title and sound very tragic. Definitely one to check out. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of this book and it's gorgeous cover. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just heard about this the other day and it sounds amazing! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds good but very sad. Definitely going to get it when it comes out.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds amazing, hadn't heard of it but will definitely add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! Can't wait to read this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that when you get your book, that it will be everything you hope it to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are a lot of parallels between this one and If I Stay. Definitely sounds interesting and the cover is really pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this as my WoW too! Awesome! I know another person who chose this one too, lol. I'm a fan of grief books too...I tend to cry, which somewhat makes me feel good. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the cover for this one. it gives it a great feel! I hope the book is just as good!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*