Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

**

This week's pick was totally easy because it's a book I'm dying to read!

Uncommon Criminals
by Ally Carter
sequel to Heist Society

Summary (goodreads):

Katarina Bishop has worn a lot of labels in her short life. Friend. Niece. Daughter. Thief. But for the last two months she’s simply been known as the girl who ran the crew that robbed the greatest museum in the world. That’s why Kat isn’t surprised when she’s asked to steal the infamous Cleopatra Emerald so it can be returned to its rightful owners.

There are only three problems. First, the gem hasn’t been seen in public in thirty years. Second, since the fall of the Egyptian empire and the suicide of Cleopatra, no one who holds the emerald keeps it for long, and in Kat’s world, history almost always repeats itself. But it’s the third problem that makes Kat’s crew the most nervous and that is simply… the emerald is cursed.

Kat might be in way over her head, but she’s not going down without a fight. After all she has her best friend—the gorgeous Hale—and the rest of her crew with her as they chase the Cleopatra around the globe, dodging curses, realizing that the same tricks and cons her family has used for centuries are useless this time.

Which means, this time, Katarina Bishop is making up her own rules.
**

Uncommon Criminals is released June 21, 2011 from Hyperion.

Okay, so I totally adored Heist Society, you can read my review here. It's actually a book I re-borrowed from the library so I can read AGAIN. Plus, Hale is a swoony boy (trust me, this is a very prestigious honour). If you haven't read the book, it's okay, just TRUST ME ON THIS and read it and love him for yourself ;) Okay, I seriously can't wait to see what other mischief and shenanigans Kat gets herself into.

I might want to add I'm currently addicted to the TV show White Collar so I'm totally into the whole art-thievery shin-dig. Boo ya.

Lastly, I promise to stop by all you commenters' blogs but it might take me a few days! :)

16 comments:

  1. I heard such great things about Heist Society but I never got the chance to read it---I'll have to make time for it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaay, I am so glad someone is choosing this book as their WOW! I LOVE Ally Carter and I can't wait for this book! Fabulous choice!!

    Here is my Waiting On Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always picked up Heist Society in the store and put it back down. Might have to snag it now that I hear it's so good. Thanks for sharing your WoW!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard any Heist Society.But I have another book series of Ally Carter. They have translated into my language.

    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great "Waiting on Wednesday" this week. Like the person before me, I have no a idea what this novel is about but I'll make sure to check into it. Anyway, thanks for the WoW.

    You can visit my WOW here: http://halesalvatoresupernaturalmustreads.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesdays-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have Heist Society on my tbr pile, I need to get to it before this one comes out. I heard great things about this series. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Heist Society, but I bought it last week. I'll have to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We totally have the same taste. I loved Heist Society and I can't wait for this one. Hale was sooooo great and White Collar is one of my all time fav shows!
    Great pick.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Heist! I'm ready for more Hale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got Heist Society from the library and am looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still need to read Heist Society! I have yet to read a bad review for it so I'll have to get on that soon, hopefully before this one comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I can't wait to start this series!

    New Follower!

    Happy Wednesday!
    http://readerbee.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-4-gathering.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll have to get The Heist Society from my library,great cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally CANNOT wait for this either!!! Heist Society was one of my favorite books of 2010. And heck yes Hale is SO swoonworthy!!! Haha. He was just on my list of literary crushes on my blog a few days ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have had the first book on my tbr shelf for about a year. I need to check out your review, maybe it will motivate me to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. HALE!!! Why do you keep trying to still my book boyfriends, yo?

    I'm dying to find out what the W.W. stands for. Love the banter between Hale and Kat! Can't wait for this book!

    Hale and Tom... MINE! ;)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*