Thursday, March 3, 2011

swoony boy Quotes (part deux)

I think the first time I did this post, it got some great responses and you guys liked it, so I've been collecting quotes from beautiful boys in beautiful YA novels to share with you guys a second time. The process goes like this:
  • Read books that promise guys making you melt
  • Mark down quotes
  • Lastly, whatever you do, don't forget to insert a Melina Marchetta quote somewhere... kind of like Meryl Streep at the Oscars ;)
Well, without further ado, here are some quotes to make you melt some more!

**

ft. Virgil from Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
He shakes his head and looks away. He's going to leave now. Of course he is. Isn't that what I want? But he doesn't. He takes my hand in his and holds it and says nothing. We just sit there. Together. It feels stupid and awkward and I don't know why he's doing it until suddenly I do. he's going to wait for me to tell him and he won't let go until I do.
~I think Virgil is awesome. He's just so lovely (and he rhymes!), and I definitely enjoyed the romance in this incredible novel :)



ft. Brian from Front and Centre by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
He looked up and gave me a smile, this really adult-looking smile. Like we were both already wise. "You're brave, you know. You're a lot braver than you think. And if you don't do this, you'l never get the chance to become the player -- to become the person, really -- to become the person that this amazing girl named D.J. Schwenk was always meant to be."
~I just adore this quote, I'm not the biggest fan of Brian but this quote just speaks volumes. That last line? Beautiful.



ft. √Čtienne St. Claire from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
"I'm here." St. Clair is angry. "I'm just sorry I'm not there. With you. I wish there was something I could do."
~oh sweet lord, do I need to explain? It's not that St. Clair oozes sex right here right now* (too forward?) but he's just... *sigh* so amazing. I can't even.



ft. Tom Mackee from The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta

[Tara:]'…So either find yourself a good punk band or move on, Tom. Because it kills me to say this, but you’re actually a tiny bit gifted.’

‘How would you like it if I said to you, “It kills me to say this, but you’re actually a tiny bit beautiful”?’ he had asked, pissed off.

She hadn’t said anything then, which was rare for her.

‘Would you have been lying?’ she said, after a long silence.

‘Lying about what?'

More quiet.

‘About me being a tiny bit beautiful.’

‘Shit yeah.’


But later that night he had sent her a message on MSN.
Of course I was lying. The ‘tiny bit’ part anyway.

~Oh god, someone fetch a defibrillator my heart just stopped. I LOVE YOU TOM MACKEE (Nic, go away! Mine! xD)

**

Well, I hope you liked! Which ones were your favourites? And make sure to suggest some swoony boys in books with swoony quotes! :) Maybe there can be a part trois?








*Saving Francesca reference anyone? ;)

7 comments:

  1. im reading revolution right now, but virgil hasnt showed up yet. now that youve menioned him, i think ill quickly get back to it :D
    also, ST CLAIR FTW! awesome choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THOMAS MACKEE IS ALL MINE BABY! You are going to have to come to Australia to get him!

    Love this post. You really have the best taste in fictional guys. Love Etienne and Brian (well most of the time). I haven't read Revolution yet but I am making sure it is my next order after that quote. I need to meet Virgil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! This is such a fun post! I'm sold on your fictional men...can we share?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOM!!!!!!!!!!

    *le freakin' swoon*

    I loved that MSN message he sent.

    Gah, you know how much I love boys in books!

    P.S. Mackee is MINE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! Although my fave is the Saving Francesca reference - oh I love that scene, love it! "Go shake your foundations Will" :)

    Haha, I bet we could quote the whole book back and forth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Shit yeah" and that MSN message thing OH MY GOSH *SWOON!!!

    I need these books ASAP! AHH! Part three please, I love this swooning feeling ahhaa

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*