Wednesday, March 30, 2011

reasons to be Happy #89

My lovely blog readers, I have exciting news! Like exciting and happiness-inducing and a ton of good news as well... And I don't really know how to convey a more excited face than a LOLcat.


So remember last week when I posted a few times asking you to vote for me in Sandra Brannan's teen writer contest? Well, the results are in!! I came in second, and won $500!!!!! *happy dances and dances and dances*

See the results here!! The super lovely Lauren of 365 Days of Reading came in first so a huge congrats for her :)

And of course, I knew I had to write a post thanking you guys (like seriously, I can't do it enough) but no way I would half-arse it in my deluded 3AM stressed mindset this morning. Nah, you guys deserve a full-arse effort, so apologies if this post is a tad late...

So.. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. To everyone who voted and emailed and tweeted and just being so supportive and nice, you guys are too awesome. Like too awesome that the awesome bin of YA blogging is overflowing because of you. I could have never done this without you. Please picture me sobbing out of gratitude, because that's honestly how I feel.

And like I had stated, all of the money will go towards paying for university. So thanks guys, you made my path a bit easier :)

Lastly, I can't end this without thanking my amazing friend Yahong, she helped me edit my entry and pointed out which parts worked and didn't work, girl, you should be a beta reader or something. Thank you again. And guys, check out her blog, and Pass the Chiclets as well! She's a new blogger (so pay her a visit, will ya? =D) and I think she's definitely gonna fit in well in the blogosphere.

Aaaah, I just want to hug you all. *sends out a virtual hug and high five*. I love you guys!







PS- #89 has no significance
PPS- I've also had good bookish luck this week... we we we so excited! xD Just had to share the excitement :)

13 comments:

  1. Checking out those blog links. And congrats, girl, you totally deserve it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's so exciting!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats
    anytime I love helping people (and the more easier for me to be able to do it the better XD...that's not what I meant but dounno how to word it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo, congrats again, Audrey! :) I would totally use that money for university too.

    And oh my gosh, your Rebecca Black reference = LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky!! That must be so exciting for you. You've totally earned it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn, Erin, Kate, Belle, Justine, The Book Girl... thank you so much :) you guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo ~throws confetti in the air~ That is awesome news :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAYAYAYAY AUDREY! (Sorry I'm so inexcusably late to this post!) So hapyp for you girl!!! $500 -- you better end up in Ontario. ;) ;)
    Oh, and THANK YOU for the mention, too -- I'm not sure I deserve all that praise. :)
    CONGRATULATIONS! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. w00t! That should be enough to cover at least two textbooks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I'm so happy for you!!

    (that is the cutest kitten picture ever)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHOOT! You totally deserve it, dearest sister wife! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear about your university experiences!!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*