Thursday, March 31, 2011

March, lookin' back

I was looking through a few of my notes about books and.... *sad face* I didn't get too much reading done this month! Which is disappointing considering I had spring break (in which I had some sort of movie-watching overload) but however, I still think this month has been amazing *happy face*. I feel so lucky.


this is March in Review at holes In My brain.

Book Reviews (8)

Sea by Heidi R. Kling

Miles from Ordinary by Carol Lynch Williams

Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard

Nothing by Janne Teller

Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar

Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

The Lover's Dictionary
by David Levithan


Thoughts

Overall, it was definitely a nice reading month. A few incredible reads, a few disappointing ones, but hey, you can't have everything!

Book of the Month

Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar (9.2/10)! Because it was just so full of emotion and surfing and amazing writing and Australian-ness. And it's so much deeper and haunting than I can really describe, just leaves you breathless. Can't thank Linds enough for letting me read it and review it.

Honourable Mentions
The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan - so freaking beautiful. David Levithan's use of words is indescribable, loved it (read in February, reviewed in March)
Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard- with a setting of Washokey and a character like Mandarin, this one has been buzzing around my head since I finished it, it's definitely a unique, overlooked read.


Also this month, I... (oh, such a long, awesome list)
*
THIS JUST IN: I was interviewed over at Pass the Chiclets, Eden is a new (but super-sweet) blogger, go pay her a visit and stalk me some more xD
*
Uhm... won $500 thanks to YOU GUYS?! You guys voted for me in this contest and I came in second.. guys... I'm speechless. Thank you. Again.
*
Featured a guest post from author Karen Metcalf
*
Started a Petition Against CAPTCHA (sign it! seriously.)
*
Posted about the importance of first pages in books
*
Swoony boy quotes, Part 2!
*
Got a new header :) You guys were a bit split on whether you liked it or not, but I'll keep it around for a few months before changing it again (oh, I'm flaky like that)
*
Posted about the Hunger Games casting news!
*
My thoughts on the cover of The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
*
Movie thoughts for Unstoppable
*


Parting Thoughts

I think it's been a pretty fabulous month. The only real-life crisis I'm having is anxiety about graduating so soon, because boy, did March fly by (as will the rest of the school year). Blog-wise, I think I had a pretty good month, I just wish I read more books. I got a few books I'm psyched to read as well, so I'm sure there'll be more reviews soon. I'm stoked for April though, because...

Looking Ahead
Interview with Gayle Forman!! I wanted this to be a surprise but hey, lots of exciting news lately. Also, the release of Where She Went (in 5 days, zomg!) which is a book I LOVED so go preorder it!
Of course, how can I forget, there will be a very hectic "movies In My brain" movie week (April 10-16) here on my blog. Stay tuned for guest posts, movie reviews, and lots of lists. One week in which movies take over books... :O I hope you enjoy it, I think it'll be lots of fun this year =)



**
So how was your March? And I'd love it if you'd check out a few of the links... they're there for a reason ;) If you've got any month-in-review posts, feel free to leave a link and I'll drop by!

3 comments:

  1. holy cow, Audrey, you got a LOT done! (Even if they weren't all reviews!) Can't wait to read the interview. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great March for you Audrey. I especially appreciated the Petition against Captcha.

    Congrats on your win!

    P.S. I've pre-ordered my copy of WSW too! Soooo excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Sounds like you had a fabulous month - so glad to have been a part of it! Your reviews are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*