Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Guest Post: Karen Metcalf

Hey everyone! Today we have a visitor from the realms of author-world.. please welcome Karen Metcalf, who is here to give a few notes about herself and her latest book, In the Storm :)

**

I thought I would get away from the “How I wrote this” type of post, and instead provide some random trivia about me and IN THE STORM.


Karen Metcalf

1. My favorite food is pickles; so much so that my mom and step-dad gave me five gallon jars of them as Christmas presents for several years.

2. I love crafts. When I’m not writing, I dabble in watercolor painting, punch-needle and jewelry making.

3. When I get angry, my eyes get darker (pitch black when I was a kid, creepy, right?)

4. I was Salutatorian (2nd) of my graduating high school class.

5. I served in the Army National Guard. I was a truck driver. Glamorous, I know.

6. As a kid, my most prized possession was the trophy for winning the spelling bee in fourth grade. It was live on the radio. The winning word was foil.

7. My biggest regret was losing the next one for misspelling humane.


IN THE STORM

1. The original title was Somewhere, but I gave it up because it was too generic. I still like it better.

2. I specifically chose the name Richard for the step-father because Dick is a nickname for it.

3. A character in the book wears a hat with the words Ray’s Trucking. This is the actual name of my brother-in-law’s business.

**

In the Storm

Summary:

Abandoned by the world around her, Carly believes she is fated to a life of torment at the hands of her stepfather and is desperate for an escape. When she can bear the abuse no longer and gives in to a thunderous rage, she suddenly finds herself in an unfamiliar, yet beautiful, storm world. This limbo between dimensions appears to be her private sanctuary, but it may just be her purgatory.

No one escapes fate without sacrifice, but is the price more than Carly is willing to pay?

**

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog! :)
If you're interested, there are many more stops for this blog tour, just click here for more info!

You can buy IN THE STORM as an e-book from Amazon or Vagabondage Press Bookstore


3 comments:

  1. Random facts are always fun to read about. Plus, I honestly can't think of anyone else I know that was a Spelling Bee winning, truck driving, National guard salutatorian. Very cool.

    Thanks for sharing some very interesting trivia and the info on the book. Glad to now have it on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Army Guard and a truck drive. They are interesting job and very unexpected.

    I love random facts too like Missie. And will have to go check out In the Storm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Army Guard and a truck drive. They are interesting job and very unexpected.

    I love random facts too like Missie. And will have to go check out In the Storm :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*