Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday's Finest (36)

Friday's Finest is a meme hosted by Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

I received Raw Blue for a blog tour yesterday and absolutely devoured it. Man, it was just incredible. Anyways, I could have done a swoony boy quote (haha, part 3 is officially in the making!) or even a breathtaking imagery quote (man, the descriptions of the oceans and waves are unreal), but… I decided to feature one of my favourite quirky characters, a 15 year old boy who sees the world through colours.

Book: Raw Blue
by Kirsty Eagar

Quote:
To me, Danny rocking up to surf with graffiti all over his face is magic. I want to tell him that I think he’s precious, that the fact he talks to me is a gift. But of course you can’t say things like that to people.

Much like the way I was struck by the use of “beautiful boy” in a quote from Ballads of Suburbia, I am equally struck by the use of “precious”. I don’t really know why, but in the context of everything Carly’s been through, her endearing attitude toward this kid just makes me smile. And the narration for this novel is just so good, just thought I'd throw it out there. Look out for a review soon.







Raw Blue on Goodreads
PS- this book is SO AUSTRALIAN. It makes me want to go to Australia and call everybody 'mate'... like crikey (except for there isn't use of 'crikey' in this book... thankfully?)

7 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! So glad you picked a 'Danny' quote - it's a beautiful one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it, mentioning Ballads reminds me that I need to read it! The cover is quite different don't you think? I like that about it. Sounds like a awesome read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this book. And Danny what an awesome character mate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Australian!!! I love Australia! And Australian accents! Ahh!! Anyway.

    I love the description in this quote. It's so deep and touching. If the narration is like this throughout the book, I might really love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog... http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com and I just started following you now too! That's so great you are almost in the thousands of followers now! Congratulations on that. I hope to get over 4 digits one day myself as well! Anyway, I will talk to you later and I look forward to reading more of your reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! If I tried to talk "Australian," I'd probably just end up hurting myself...

    Great quote though!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*