Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

As per usual, WoW is a meme started by Jill at Breaking the Spine
**

I feel in the minority saying that I've read a ton of Riordan books, I don't even know why because they are insanely popular. I wasn't (and aren't) the biggest fan of his tw new series (probably b/c I'm still attached to Percy Jackson) but you can read my review of The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles #1) and The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus #1). This book is part of Kane Chronicles, which means Egypt, here I come!

The Throne of Fire
by Rick Riordan
Kane Chronicles #2

Summary:

Ever since the gods of Ancient Egypt were unleashed in the modern world, Carter Kane and his sister Sadie have been in trouble. As descendants of the House of Life, the Kanes have some powers at their command, but the devious gods haven't given them much time to master their skills at Brooklyn House, which has become a training ground for young magicians.

And now their most threatening enemy yet - the chaos snake Apophis - is rising. If they don't prevent him from breaking free in a few days' time, the world will come to an end. In other words, it's a typical week for the Kane family.

To have any chance of battling the Forces of Chaos, the Kanes must revive the sun god Ra. But that would be a feat more powerful than any magician has ever accomplished.

First they have to search the world for the three sections of the Book of Ra, then they have to learn how to chant its spells. Oh, and did we mention that no one knows where Ra is exactly?
**
The Throne of Fire is released May 3, 2011 from Hyperion.

What I really like and completely respect about Riordan is that his books makes kids read. This is a fact. They aren't bestsellers for no reason. And if his books makes kids and adults of all ages read more, then I applaud him. So yeah, I'll be amongst the masses that'll read this sequel :)

And I love the cover! :)







source: here

10 comments:

  1. I didn't care for the first book in this series either, but may give this one a try and see if it is any better. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this novel before, but that cover is absolutely gorgeous. Going on my TBR list.

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A superb pick! It looks great. Happy Reading :)
    Check out what I'm Waiting On Wednesday

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it's time I read the first one in this series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read the first in this series already! Great pick!

    Hope you get a chance to stop by Gone with the Words and check out what I'm Waiting On this Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm one of those people who haven't read any Rick Rioridan but he's definitely in my TBR pile! lol.

    My Waiting on Wednesday is:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. ~whispers~ I haven't read any Rick Riordan books. I really need to read Percy Jackson first :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*