Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

So... who's up for some heart-shaped chocolate that's on sale??

This meme is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine :)
**

This week's pick I've seen around, and I was originally iffy on it until I read a few raving reviews/twitter comments. But anyways, I was scared it would end up being slightly contrived but after reading those posts I'm definitely keeping an eye out for it now! I won't lie, I was also a tad ehh because this author wrote the not-as-awesome short story in Let It Snow (although she was up against John Green and Maureen Johnson)

Shine
by Lauren Myracle

Summary:

When her best guy friend falls victim to a vicious hate crime, sixteen-year-old Cat sets out to discover who in her small town did it. Richly atmospheric, this daring mystery mines the secrets of a tightly knit Southern community and examines the strength of will it takes to go against everyone you know in the name of justice.

Against a backdrop of poverty, clannishness, drugs, and intolerance, Myracle has crafted a harrowing coming-of-age tale couched in a deeply intelligent mystery. Smart, fearless, and compassionate, this is an unforgettable work from a beloved author.

Shine is released May 1, 2011, from Amulet Books.
**

It just sounds like a rollercoaster full of emotion. Yeah, and I'm ususally up for one of those.






this book on Goodreads
author website / goodreads

15 comments:

  1. I felt the same about her story in Let It Snow, but Shine was indeed a rollercoaster full of emotion. Hope you enjoy it, too, when you get to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot of great things about Lauren Myracle's writings, and I'm really excited to read Shine. Great WoW pick! :)

    Here's my WoW picks for this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shine sounds like a powerful and emotional read. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the summary of this one. It sounds like it could be a really amazing story. Great Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got this book from Netgalley and it was much more awesome than I expected. I think you will enjoy Shine very much, it is beautiful reed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this one cropping up all over the place! I am also interested in reading it! Great pick!

    Check out my WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've heard of this one before, so I'm glad you shared it! The cover is enough to suck me right in. Of course, the summary makes me want to read it even more - so much mystery! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice!! I haven't heard of this one yet! Thank you for sharing!

    My WoW

    Moonlight Gleam

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this one around sounds very intense. Great pick.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. 0__0 this sounds Awsome T__T No not ANOTHER book to add to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not really into mystery, but I've heard really lovely things about Myracle in the past - I may have to give this one a try. Nice pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW post here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been waiting for this one for a while, it sounds so original and cool. Great pick this week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*